Deep, warm, conversational, friendly & believeable
Resonant, deep baritone voice with a warm delivery. My work ranges from serious and authoritative to a good natured tongue-in-cheek style of delivery.
I'm at my very best with soft sell material. I'm informative and trustworthy sounding for presentations or ads that require real beliveabilty.
I'm likable, friendly and relatable sounding for ads that require a personal touch. I'm especially good at subtle, offbeat humor spots.
I'm NOT a screamer, but but you can add "highly excitable" to the list of adjectives in the previous paragraph for uptempo ads for car dealers, events, promos amusement parks, etc.
Voice Genders and "Ages" I Can Perform
• Young Adult Male
• Middle Age Female
• Middle Age Male
• Senior Female
• Senior Male
Language(s) of Which I Am a Native Speaker:
• English - USA and Canada
I Offer my Services for these Recording Purposes
• IVR, voicemail, phone systems, and on-hold messages
• Training, business presentations, sales, and web sites
• TV shows and movies
• Movie and game trailers
• Others (on-camera, infomercials, live announcers, spokespersons)
Jobs I Am Willing to Take (Union-wise)
• Non-Union Jobs
My Union Affiliations and Memberships
My Recording and Delivery Capabilities
• I will go to any designated studio in my area
• I have Phone Patch in my studio
• I can record and then deliver the audio files via Email
• I can record and then upload the audio files via FTP
• I can record and then deliver the files by regular mail
Pre-, Post- and Production Services I Offer
• I offer copywriting services
• I can deliver edited and finished voice tracks
• I offer radio ad production services
• I have a music library and can add music to any project
• I can add special effects to any project
My Home Base
, California, United States
Accents, Impersonations, Characters and Dialects
I'm very convincing as the regular guy, next door type. I sound like the kind you ask for advice -- and trust to give the right answer. I don't do accents or dialects, but I'm very natural sounding and believable in dialogue driven ads.
My Voice Experience
Over 20 years radio and voice-over experience with thousands of TV and radio ads. (I've probably sold you something!) I've free-lanced for many ad agencies and worked as production director at several stations.
In addition to radio I have done narrations for corporate video, phone messages for many a business and countless voice-overs for locally produced television ads.
My training has been very deep and wide -- and all of it on the job. I did attend broadcasting school and college radio courses, but 25 years of on-air and voice-over work is where I've honed my skills.
And I guess I did all right -- I once tied for first place with Ford Motor Company in the Nation Chassis Awards for a series of ads I wrote and produced for Honda of Corona in the Major Market Automotive category.
My Studio Equipment
Broadcast quality ProTools studio. I have excellent microphones by Sennheiser and CAD, plus an Aphex tube pre-amp for a warmer, smoother sound.
I also have a full production library and sound effects by TM Century so I can deliver fully produced high-quality ads.
I am a very experienced, highly creative copy writer. I tied for first place with Ford Motor Company in the Nation Chassis Awards for a series of ads I wrote and produced for Honda of Corona in the Major Market Automotive category.
I'm a highly skilled producer. Spots that require fine editing, sound effect, creative use of music and voices are right up my alley.
And a musician, songwriter and singer, I have a real ability to find the right music for the message, and to invisibly edit it to fit right where it needs to be.
Payment Methods Accepted
• Personal checks, cashier's checks, or money orders in my local currency
• Wire transfers
To contact Charlie Ray by email or phone, please click here.
• Currently Charlie Ray is a Premium subscriber.
• Charlie Ray was last active on Voice123 2 days ago