Narrator, Authoritative, Warm, Friendly, Concerned
Warm and friendly, deep for narration, fun for commercials, and smooth and professional for presentations,technically minded and conversant.
Voice Genders and "Ages" I Can Perform
• Middle Age Female
• Middle Age Male
• Senior Female
• Senior Male
Language(s) of Which I Am a Native Speaker:
• English - USA and Canada
I Offer my Services for these Recording Purposes
• IVR, voicemail, phone systems, and on-hold messages
• Training, business presentations, sales, and web sites
• TV shows and movies
• Movie and game trailers
• Others (on-camera, infomercials, live announcers, spokespersons)
Jobs I Am Willing to Take (Union-wise)
• Non-Union Jobs
My Union Affiliations and Memberships
My Recording and Delivery Capabilities
• I will go to any designated studio in my area
• I can record and then deliver the audio files via Email
• I can record and then upload the audio files via FTP
• I can record and then deliver the files by regular mail
Pre-, Post- and Production Services I Offer
• I can deliver edited and finished voice tracks
• I have a music library and can add music to any project
• I can add special effects to any project
My Home Base
, New York, United States
Accents, Impersonations, Characters and Dialects
Southern, Western, Northeastern US, British, Australian, Slavic and French accents. Able to do some impersonations. Can perform cartoon voices.I speak Computerese.
My Voice Experience
Voice work can be while behind a microphone at a desk, or, it can be using your voice in front of people, either live, or on screen. As a cancer survivor, I have over twenty years of public speaking experience in front of crowds of varying sizes. As both, an instructor in Navy Nuclear power plants, and a teacher in school classrooms, speaking to others comes naturally. Singing a Capella in churches gives me great joy as I express myself in song with feeling and without hesitation.
Speaking into a microphone, narrating an audio book, or performing jingles or commercials is the next step in my progression in voice work as I launch into the deep - my "official" voice over business.
I have a B.A. in Bible which required a speech class. I have completed an instructor training school in the Navy that video taped and critiqued not only the content, but also the presentation skills of the students. And, I have twenty years of on the job training in public speaking, instruction, and presentation skills.
My Studio Equipment
I Rode NT1A microphone and an AudioBox USB interface. I use PreSonus StudioOne version 2 as my recording and editing software. aI use a pair of Sennheiser HD 203 Dynamic HiFi Stereo Headphones for monitoring. I use an SE Reflexion Filter Pro to get that perfect sound!
I love to golf, have a technical and mechanical understanding of most things,love talking with people, not just to them, and care about helping others succeed.
Payment Methods Accepted
• Credit cards
To contact Carl Barr by email or phone, please click here.
• Currently Carl Barr is a Standard subscriber.
• Carl Barr was last active on Voice123 20 days ago