rich and smooth, not too old, not too young
I have a resonant baritone that's reminiscent of early FM without the lethargy. I voice many movie promos and can easily slide from light and humorous to dark and forboding. Overall, my on-air sound has been described as very sexy, expecially by ethnic listeners for some reason. I'm the total package with 30 years of commercial production experience, I have the ears and the pipes to deliver the goods, straight and simple or with gusto. I MC many, many performances because I give great intro.
Voice Genders and "Ages" I Can Perform
• Young Adult Male
• Middle Age Male
Language(s) of Which I Am a Native Speaker:
• English - USA and Canada
I Offer my Services for these Recording Purposes
• IVR, voicemail, phone systems, and on-hold messages
• Training, business presentations, sales, and web sites
• TV shows and movies
• Movie and game trailers
Jobs I Am Willing to Take (Union-wise)
• Non-Union Jobs
My Union Affiliations and Memberships
My Recording and Delivery Capabilities
• I will go to any designated studio in my area
• I have Phone Patch in my studio
• I can record and then deliver the audio files via Email
• I can record and then upload the audio files via FTP
• I can record and then deliver the files by regular mail
Pre-, Post- and Production Services I Offer
• I offer copywriting services
• I can deliver edited and finished voice tracks
• I offer radio ad production services
• I have a music library and can add music to any project
• I can add special effects to any project
My Home Base
, British Columbia, Canada
Accents, Impersonations, Characters and Dialects
i can do a reasonable English accent and some American dialects.
My Voice Experience
- professional radio and television broadcaster with 30 years in the Metro Vancouver market
- specialist in on air, digital production, creative writing and radio programming (with a focus on contemporary global music)
- voice-over experience in: - regional and national radio commercial
and promotional announcements
- concert, music label and artist
- national radio network imaging
- television voice-overs for advertising
- television documentary narration
- industrial and promotional sales film
- electronic employee training CDR
- music artist interviews
- live concert MC duties
- locally situated and readily available
Graduate - BCIT Radio Production Technology -1980
I’ve been working the past thirty years in Greater Vancouver radio, twenty-five of those specifically in multicultural broadcasting, most notably as International Program Director of 96.1 FM, CHKG and AM 1470, CJVB, Fairchild Radio and executive producer of world.beats on Channel M.
I was instrumental in the application and acquisition of Fairchild Media Group’s license for AM 1430, CHKT, Toronto and wrote the programming format for 96.1 FM, affectionately known as ‘The World’ which for three years, until October 31st, 2000 grew a loyal and enthusiastic audience as North America’s ‘very first commercial FM world beat radio station’. I have been presented with the Canadian Association Of Broadcaster’s highest honor for Canadian Talent Development, The Gold Ribbon Award, recognizing 96.1 FM’s World Music Spectacular for excellence in the promotion and development of Canada’s world music artists.
My Studio Equipment
I have my own ProTools facilitiy with Command 8 motorized control surface, sampling keyboard, broadcast quality large diaphragm Rode mics and all inboard processing.Have MP3s, will travel.
I was one of the founding board members of PAIRA, The Pacific Alliance Of Independent Recording Artists and currently sit on the board of The Alcan Rio Tinto Vancouver International Dragonboat Festival. For the past 3 years I have programmed and presented the music at the Rogers WorldBeat main stage. I am also a member of the BCIT Broadcast Advisory Committee.
I am a registered composer/author of original recorded works with my trio, ‘Custer’s Last Bandstand’, an avid bass player and singer/songwriter for the group. We have been showcased on many stages around Vancouver and received regular airplay for three years with our song, ‘The Final Frontier’
Payment Methods Accepted
• Personal checks, cashier's checks, or money orders in my local currency
• Personal checks, cashier's checks, or money orders in any currency
• Wire transfers
Online Payments Via PayPal
To contact Cal Koat by email or phone, please click here.
• Currently Cal Koat is a Standard subscriber.
Cal Koat does not appear to be an active participant of the Voice123 marketplace at this time.
Cal Koat was last active on Voice123 more than 365 days ago, OR may not be receiving our email messages.
Cal Koat does not appear to be an active participant of the Voice123 marketplace at this time. Cal Koat was last active on Voice123 more than 365 days ago, OR may not be receiving our email messages.