Trustworthy, Informal, Candid, + OTT, Authority
The demos say it all (or at least a lot of it). ;-) One of my specialties is communicating complex and difficult concepts and subjects (technology, medical, dental, legal, and academic) in an engaging and compelling way.
Voice Genders and "Ages" I Can Perform
• Teenage Boy
• Young Adult Male
• Middle Age Male
• Senior Male
Language(s) of Which I Am a Native Speaker:
• English - British
• English - USA and Canada
I Offer my Services for these Recording Purposes
• IVR, voicemail, phone systems, and on-hold messages
• Training, business presentations, sales, and web sites
• TV shows and movies
• Movie and game trailers
• Others (on-camera, infomercials, live announcers, spokespersons)
Jobs I Am Willing to Take (Union-wise)
• Non-Union Jobs
• Jobs for SAG-AFTRA (US) signatories
My Union Affiliations and Memberships
My Recording and Delivery Capabilities
• I will go to any designated studio in my area
• I have ISDN in my studio
• I have Phone Patch in my studio
• I have Source Connect in my studio
• I can record and then deliver the audio files via Email
• I can record and then upload the audio files via FTP
• I can record and then deliver the files by regular mail
Pre-, Post- and Production Services I Offer
• I can deliver edited and finished voice tracks
My Home Base
, California, United States
Accents, Impersonations, Characters and Dialects
A large number of North American dialects (including Standard American Pronunciation - I grew up in the same part of Nebraska as Carson, Cavett, Brando, the Fondas and Fred Astaire). I do several British English dialects, as well as French, German, Israeli, and Spanish.
My Voice Experience
VO clients include Bozell & Jacobs, Frito Lay, Godfather Pizza and numerous UK firms. I recently returned to the US after living in the UK for three years. I've just done a number of audiobook titles for Random House/Books on Tape and Audible.com, and a Jafar voicematch for Disney Imagineering.
My theatre training and experience started at age eight. Venues include Omaha Junior Theatre, THe Omaha Playhouse, Ohio University, and The Victory Theatre (L.A.)
I studied body movement and mime with Juki Arkin (student of Etienne Decroux), Meisner technique with Maria Gobetti and Tom Ormeny in L.A. I'm a longstanding magician member of the Magic Castle.
I held staff on-air positions at KFAB, KBON, KRCB, and KIOS a few eons back.
SAG on-camera work for CBS sitcoms.
I've participated in workshops with Marc Graue, Pat Fraley, Kelly Ward, Richard Horvitz, Joyce Castellanos, Aaron Drown, and Bob Bergen,among others. I've also studied with Richard Tatum and Roger Scott.
My Studio Equipment
The usual - Intel Macs, ProTools, Source-Connect, various Neumann and Sennheiser tube and transistor mics, Telos Zephyr ISDN codec on a BRI, and a hand tuned EMT140. (That last one's a joke, folks).
In a previous lifetime I produced and engineered for the major labels, and designed and maintained studios. I held staff positions at Everything Audio, Motown and Clover Recorders, all in L.A. I was also one of the founders of the University of Sound Arts in Hollywood, and helped define their course structure, curriculum, and taught.
I hold some of the original patents for transmitting CD quality audio over ISDN, (now assigned to Disney) that became the basis for APT and DTS. There's more on IMDB and Google...
Payment Methods Accepted
• Credit cards
• Personal checks, cashier's checks, or money orders in my local currency
• Personal checks, cashier's checks, or money orders in any currency
• Wire transfers
Online Payments Via PayPal
To contact Byron Wagner by email or phone, please click here.
• Currently Byron Wagner is a Standard subscriber.
• Byron Wagner was last active on Voice123 111 days ago