smooth, deep voice, professional, sports expert
I can be very smooth, and deep, as befits my many years of FM radio announcing, or more high-energy, like when I was a TV sports anchor. I can get pretty crazy with it, if need be. Or I can be laid-back, and sexy. Most of my acting roles have been in the role of a professional, so I can do very straightforward narrations as well. I can do urban or ebonics, too.
Voice Genders and "Ages" I Can Perform
• Young Adult Male
• Middle Age Male
Language(s) of Which I Am a Native Speaker:
• English - USA and Canada
I Offer my Services for these Recording Purposes
• IVR, voicemail, phone systems, and on-hold messages
• Training, business presentations, sales, and web sites
• TV shows and movies
• Movie and game trailers
• Adult content
• Others (on-camera, infomercials, live announcers, spokespersons)
Jobs I Am Willing to Take (Union-wise)
• Non-Union Jobs
• Jobs for SAG-AFTRA (US) signatories
My Union Affiliations and Memberships
My Recording and Delivery Capabilities
• I will go to any designated studio in my area
• I can record and then deliver the audio files via Email
• I can record and then upload the audio files via FTP
• I can record and then deliver the files by regular mail
Pre-, Post- and Production Services I Offer
• I offer copywriting services
• I can deliver edited and finished voice tracks
• I offer radio ad production services
• I have a music library and can add music to any project
• I can add special effects to any project
My Home Base
, Pennsylvania, United States
Accents, Impersonations, Characters and Dialects
African-American (using either ebonics or the King's English with an urban feel), Southern dialects, Boston accent, or straight middle American. I specialize in impersonations of boxers--both Muhammad Ali and Mike Tyson are on my demo tape. Throw in Hulk Hogan and Howard Cosell, and we can really "Get ready to rumble." (Yeah, I can do Michael Buffer, too.)
My Voice Experience
Currently, as the voice of Philadelphia on a TV tourism commercial, I give off an air of complete confidence that stops just short of arrogance.
I have about 30 years of experience in radio and television. In radio, I was often a laid-back news anchor in FM radio, but also metamorphed into a high-energy screamer when I did the pre-game show for the Philadelphia 76ers.
As a TV sports anchor for 25 years, I was again very high energy. But I also did human-interest type packages that called for a more subdued tone, with subtle tones of caring and compassion.
Studied voiceover with Charles Micheal, the Winning Voice, in New York City.
Also have taken classes in voice work at HB Studios in NYC.
Have had one-on-one counseling with Edge Studio consultants.
My Studio Equipment
Unknown - Click here to ask Bill Vargus
I can sing, and have a couple of samples on my demo reel of myself doing the voice over myself singing.
Payment Methods Accepted
• Personal checks, cashier's checks, or money orders in my local currency
• Wire transfers
To contact Bill Vargus by email or phone, please click here.
• Currently Bill Vargus is a Standard subscriber.
Bill Vargus does not appear to be an active participant of the Voice123 marketplace at this time.
Bill Vargus was last active on Voice123 more than 365 days ago, OR may not be receiving our email messages.
Bill Vargus does not appear to be an active participant of the Voice123 marketplace at this time. Bill Vargus was last active on Voice123 more than 365 days ago, OR may not be receiving our email messages.