Conversational, Natural, Credible and Friendly.
Warm, friendly, natural, conversational, personal, inviting and smooth with a deep texture. I am comfortable with a soft or hard sell. I can be credible without having to be overly authoritative. Strong skills with commercials, trailers, promos and narration.
Voice Genders and "Ages" I Can Perform
• Middle Age Male
• Senior Male
Language(s) of Which I Am a Native Speaker:
• English - USA and Canada
I Offer my Services for these Recording Purposes
• IVR, voicemail, phone systems, and on-hold messages
• Training, business presentations, sales, and web sites
• TV shows and movies
• Movie and game trailers
• Others (on-camera, infomercials, live announcers, spokespersons)
Jobs I Am Willing to Take (Union-wise)
• Non-Union Jobs
• Jobs for SAG-AFTRA (US) signatories
My Union Affiliations and Memberships
My Recording and Delivery Capabilities
• I will go to any designated studio in my area
• I have ISDN in my studio
• I have Phone Patch in my studio
• I can record and then deliver the audio files via Email
• I can record and then upload the audio files via FTP
• I can record and then deliver the files by regular mail
Pre-, Post- and Production Services I Offer
• I offer copywriting services
• I can deliver edited and finished voice tracks
• I have a music library and can add music to any project
• I can add special effects to any project
My Home Base
, California, United States
Accents, Impersonations, Characters and Dialects
African, Jamaican, British, Cockney, Italian, southern, hillbilly, geezer and grouchy old man.
My Voice Experience
I've been in broadcasting for 28 years doing both radio and television while doing voice over work the entire time. I've voiced and written countless topicals and promos, done industrial voice overs, commercials and narration, including the documentary "Marine, Earning The Title. The experience of Recruit Training" for the Military. I've also done industrial voice overs, commercial and narration for the USDA, Price Waterhouse Cooper and other well known large companies.
New York Institute of Technology, NY
University of Massachusetts, Amherst
University of Houston, Houston, TX
Act 4 Reel (Voice Over Acting Classes) Los Angeles, CA
My Studio Equipment
Telefunken AK47 Microphone
Neumann TLM 103 Microphone
Sennheiser MKH 416 Shotgun Microphone
Bluetube Dual Path Pre-Amp
Logic Pro X, Studio editing software
JBL 5" Monitors
Yamaha HS7 Monitors
JK Audio That-2 Phone Patch
I've found that life experiences is probably one of the most helpful tools I have when it comes to enabling me to connect with a client's script. I am married to the most amazing woman and father to our two incredible young boys. I have lived in almost every major metropolitan city in the U.S. and several countries overseas. I've served my country in the military, been a corporate executive, a cop, a radio personality and everything in-between from building cattle guards and fences in the hills of Northern California to being a television news anchor and met some incredibly interesting people along the way. My point is, that I've been blessed with a wonderful life, so when I get a script (or write one for you), I try to draw from my life to connect with your project.
My father once told me, "You have two ears and one mouth and should use them proportionately", so listening to what you want is where every project starts for me.
Payment Methods Accepted
• Personal checks, cashier's checks, or money orders in my local currency
• Personal checks, cashier's checks, or money orders in any currency
To contact Bill Gaines by email or phone, please click here.
• Currently Bill Gaines is a Premium subscriber.
• Bill Gaines was last active on Voice123 62 days ago