Flemish, Dutch, Vlaams, Nederlands
Bi-cultural - Bi-Lingual Flemish / American English
I was born and raised in Belgium (the rest of my family lives there) and came to the USA for a Broadcasting degree. After receiving that degree, I stayed in the USA and started my own voice-over business. 99% of my work is in Flemish (Belgium Dutch). I am not your typical Flemish radio announcer. I consider my voice "the guy next door"; however, I've done several infomercials where high energy and typical "announcer" was a must.
Various projects have included the following descriptors:
Flemish, Vlaams, Vlaming,Nederlands, Dutch, Geel, Antwerp, Fresh, anti-announcer, announcer, serious, education, upbeat, cool, enthusiastic, happy, excited, authoritative, inspirational, uplifting, professional, hip, documentary, energetic, corporate,student,sad angry, nerdy, blue-collar, white-collar, genuine, sincere, authentic.
Voice Genders and "Ages" I Can Perform
• Young Adult Male
• Middle Age Male
Language(s) of Which I Am a Native Speaker:
I Offer my Services for these Recording Purposes
• IVR, voicemail, phone systems, and on-hold messages
• Training, business presentations, sales, and web sites
• TV shows and movies
• Movie and game trailers
• Others (on-camera, infomercials, live announcers, spokespersons)
Jobs I Am Willing to Take (Union-wise)
• Non-Union Jobs
My Union Affiliations and Memberships
My Recording and Delivery Capabilities
• I will go to any designated studio in my area
• I can record and then deliver the audio files via Email
• I can record and then upload the audio files via FTP
• I can record and then deliver the files by regular mail
Pre-, Post- and Production Services I Offer
• I offer translation services
• I can deliver edited and finished voice tracks
• I offer radio ad production services
• I have a music library and can add music to any project
• I can add special effects to any project
My Home Base
Okahoma City, Oklahoma, United States
Accents, Impersonations, Characters and Dialects
I was born in Geel, Belgium and lived in the province of Antwerp for 20 years. I came to the USA in 1993 and have lived here ever since. Flemish is my native language and also speak fluent American English but with a SLIGHT accent.
Especially for the Belgian market: My voice is fresh, new, and distinct. Not the typical Flemish announcer.
My Voice Experience
e-learning, documentaries, radio promos, business presentations, TV promos, advertisements, internet videos, characters for a video game
As an audio engineer, I have heard it all. I specialize in communicating with producers to understand the delivery that clients are looking for. I easily understand the feeling behind a script and can interpret it with my voice.
I have worked in radio and audio/video production for about 30 years. I also teach university classes on audio and video production for film.
My Studio Equipment
Whisperroom voice-over iso booth
Rode K2 Tube mic
Rode NT1A mic
Oktava MK012 hypercardioid mic
digidesign Protools editor since 1996
yamaha ns-10M monitors
ProTools editor since 1996
FLEMISH native speaker
Payment Methods Accepted
• Credit cards
• Personal checks, cashier's checks, or money orders in my local currency
• Wire transfers
To contact Bart Vleugels by email or phone, please click here.
• Currently Bart Vleugels is a Premium subscriber.
• Bart Vleugels has been active on Voice123 during the past 48 hours