Upbeat, Crisp,Youthful, Reassuring, Witty, Sensual
For PROMOS/COMMERCIALS: Upbeat OR calm, crisp, youthful OR mature, fun, reassuring, encouraging, persuasive, casual OR formal, unpretentious, trustworthy, sensual, flirtatious. (See Demos 1, 2, 3, 9 and 10)
For ANIMATION: Expressive, adaptable, able to recreate a range of moods and personality types. (See Demos 6, 7, 8 and 9)
For NARRATION: Warm, consistent, expressive. (See Demo 5)
FOR INSTRUCTIONS/TRAINING: Neutral, clear, crisp, articulate. (See Demos 4 and 10)
In a recent vocal coaching session, I was determined to be marketable for most types of work, receiving the following feedback:
• Your pacing is normal (not too fast or too slow), which is great for most types of copy.
• You are naturally articulate.
• Your delivery style is believable, crisp, dynamic, educational, elegant, friendly, informative, intelligent, inviting, laid back, luxurious, and mature.
The evaluator further noted my “demonstrated ability to control your voice,” ability to “take direction well and apply it to your reads,” and “good natural acting.” My voice has natural “smile” to it, I was told; an aspect I can easily moderate for projects requiring a more neutral or serious tone.
Voice Genders and "Ages" I Can Perform
• Teenage Girl
• Young Adult Female
• Middle Age Female
Language(s) of Which I Am a Native Speaker:
• English - British
• English - USA and Canada
I Offer my Services for these Recording Purposes
• IVR, voicemail, phone systems, and on-hold messages
• Training, business presentations, sales, and web sites
• TV shows and movies
• Movie and game trailers
• Adult content
• Others (on-camera, infomercials, live announcers, spokespersons)
Jobs I Am Willing to Take (Union-wise)
• Non-Union Jobs
My Union Affiliations and Memberships
My Recording and Delivery Capabilities
• I will go to any designated studio in my area
• I can record and then deliver the audio files via Email
Pre-, Post- and Production Services I Offer
• I offer copywriting services
• I offer translation services
• I can add special effects to any project
My Home Base
, Virginia, United States
Accents, Impersonations, Characters and Dialects
Accents: British, French (fluent), Frenglish, Spanish, Mexican, Southern, Brooklyn, Boston (Southie), Russian English (old-school spy), some German. Vocal tone: Husky, sensual, sexy, bright, reassuring, trustworthy, caring, playful, serious, elegant, eloquent, focused, admiring, sensitive, shy, strong, evasive, mysterious, annoyed, scared.
Impersonations/characterizations: Personality/mood - youthful, sexy, professional, gentle, combative, sinister, mature, mystical. Types: Girlfriend, sister, mistress, love interest, wife, bitch, mother, lawyer, teacher, politician, athlete, heroine, adventuress, fairy, psychic.
My Voice Experience
My work as a classroom instructor, radio/television talk show host, and theater actress form the foundation of my natural, precise, and adaptable communication style — a style I expect to apply to both commercial and narration projects. After recent years spent focused on my editorial career, I am looking for new opportunities to demonstrate my effectiveness in the voiceover market.
• Radio/TV talk-show host/producer, Red Zone Politics - Fairfax Public Access Cable, Fairfax, VA (Spring - Fall 2010)
• Guest on several television and radio news/talk shows (2007-present)
• Copy writer, National Geographic (Licensing Division) - researched and wrote original copy for animal toy packaging (2000)
1. FDAnews (Washington Business Information), Falls Church, VA - Copy Editor/Editor, Devices & Diagnostics Letter (February 2006 – March 2007)
2. The Diversity Channel, Bethesda, MD - News/Video Script Writer (June 2001 – May 2002)
3. States News Service, Washington, DC - Reporter, Bangor Daily News (2000)
4. Martha’s Vineyard Times, arts reportern (1990)
• Actor/Costume Designer - The Vineyard Playhouse, Martha's Vineyard, MA (1990).
Actor: Carol Melkett in "Black Comedy" by Peter Shaffer, performed entirely in a British accent.
Costume Designer: "The Merchant of Venice," by William Shakespeare.
• Actor/Script Translator/Scriptwriter/Costume Designer - The Chiaroscuro Theater Company (1989-95)
Actor: Callimaco (male protagonist) in "The Mandrake" by Machiavelli
Translated Racine's "Phaedra" from French to English, for performance.
Translated Moliere's "The Imaginary Cuckold" from French to English, for performance.
Wrote an original script adaptation of Aristophanes' "The Birds," titled "The Birds' in '68," for performance. This play received excellent reviews by the Martha's Vineyard press.
*Stage Manager/Costume Designer/Public Relations: "The Misanthrope" by Moliere
• Cabaret Performer - "Annie Shotgun" (vocalist), Martin's Cabaret, Martha's Vineyard (1990)
• Backup vocalist, “Johnny Hoy and the Bluefish” blues band, Martha’s Vineyard, 1990
• Emcee, “Battle of the Bands,” Atlantic Connection, 1990.
• Choir member(alto), Harvard Epworth Church, Cambridge, MA (1980s)
• Lone child actor playing the title character of Alice at age of 9, in a complete British accent, in a production of "Alice in Wonderland," directed by John Hall, on Martha's Vineyard (1972).
• Currently studies with vocal coach Cathryn Frasier-Neely, Silver Spring, MD
• Voiceover Seminar with Vanessa Richardson - Edge Studios, Kensington, MD (October 2011)
• Practicing vocalist/songwriter - blues, rock, R&B, funk, jazz, ambient electronica (music projects in progress)
• Studied jazz vocals and acting - Bennington College, Bennington, VT (1980-82)
• Child actor, Boston Children's Theater
FOREIGN LANGUAGES: British, French (fluent), Frenglish, Spanish, Mexican, Southern, Brooklyn, Boston (Southie), Russian English (old-school spy), some German. Vocal tone: Husky, sensual, sexy, bright, reassuring, trustworthy, caring, playful, serious, elegant, eloquent, focused, admiring, sensitive, shy, strong, evasive, mysterious, annoyed, scared.
• Fluent in French (lived in France as a child)
• Studied Spanish in school and practice some conversational Spanish (I can reproduce an excellent Spanish accent)
• Memorized the entire story of “Alice in Wonderland” in a British accent from listening to an album collection that was a gift from my great-grandmother. I have been able to easily reproduce a British accent ever since.
My Studio Equipment
-Blue "Snowball" microphone and stand
-Tabletop sound barrier
I can offer not only voiceover skills, but I have excellent copywriting for advertising, information, and other needs; copy editing; and scriptwriting skills. My commercial demos are all original copy.
I can also translate effectively from French to English, and my attention to editorial detail allows me to apply quality control to subtitle writing; as well as to other visual text aids on video/film products.
My background as a writer/editor — including scriptwriting for stage, audio and video; developing process documents such as syllabi and coursework for college-level classes; and editing/revising e-learning modules — allows me to apply quality control directly to voiceover scripts as well as to my own voiceover technique. In this capacity, I offer scriptwriting/editing services in addition to voiceover talent.
Payment Methods Accepted
• Personal checks, cashier's checks, or money orders in my local currency
To contact Anne Cook by email or phone, please click here.
• Currently Anne Cook is a Standard subscriber.
Anne Cook does not appear to be an active participant of the Voice123 marketplace at this time.
Anne Cook was last active on Voice123 more than 365 days ago, OR may not be receiving our email messages.
Anne Cook does not appear to be an active participant of the Voice123 marketplace at this time. Anne Cook was last active on Voice123 more than 365 days ago, OR may not be receiving our email messages.