UK English speaker. Mature, calm, confident, clear and authoritative with a warm tone
I have a good capacity to interpret and capture the tone/pace of a script, as well as advise media creatives on script changes that will improve the client messaging. I am versatile and capable of providing a calm, authoritative, yet engaging narrative for commercial purposes, as well as injecting a sense of fun and comedy where the project requires. I value clear diction and delivering an authentic narrative.
Voice Genders and "Ages" I Can Perform
• Young Adult Male
• Middle Age Male
• Senior Male
Language(s) of Which I Am a Native Speaker:
• English - British
I Offer my Services for these Recording Purposes
• IVR, voicemail, phone systems, and on-hold messages
• Training, business presentations, sales, and web sites
• TV shows and movies
• Movie and game trailers
• Others (on-camera, infomercials, live announcers, spokespersons)
Jobs I Am Willing to Take (Union-wise)
• Non-Union Jobs
• Jobs for SAG-AFTRA (US) signatories
My Union Affiliations and Memberships
My Recording and Delivery Capabilities
• I can record and then deliver the audio files via Email
• I can record and then upload the audio files via FTP
• I can record and then deliver the files by regular mail
Pre-, Post- and Production Services I Offer
• I offer copywriting services
• I can deliver edited and finished voice tracks
• I offer radio ad production services
• I have a music library and can add music to any project
• I can add special effects to any project
My Home Base
Warwick, United Kingdom
Accents, Impersonations, Characters and Dialects
British. BBC style. Midlands. London. Comic.
My Voice Experience
I have most recently provided commercial voiceover content for a series of TV commercials for a large large automotive company. This was commissioned after a competitive selection process. I have also provided content for small and medium sized enterprises, working through creative design agencies.
I do not have a formal qualification associated with voice over training. However, I have been a musician and performer for some 30 years, which has given me an assurance and confidence in public performing, which I have brought and applied to the voice over context. I also have a deep understanding of music and audio production: with the capacity to write, arrange, engineer, mix and master content - from full songs to voiceovers, special FX, sonic idents, etc.
My Studio Equipment
I have my own studio setup, acoustically treated to ensure a neutral and clean recording environment. The heart of my studio is a bespoke 'silent' PC running Cubase Pro 9 (enabling me to sync visuals with audio). I have numerous mics, hardware and software plugins (some such as Ozone Nectar, specifically designed for voice recording/editing). My favoured voice over mic of the moment is a Rode NT1, through a tube preamp.
I also write and compose music from short to full song/arrangements. I have recorded other artists and have an excellent 'practice-based' understanding of the creative process end-to-end. I have worked on syncing video with sound FX/spoken word/music and producing end products to a commercial standard. I'm a flexible, reliable collaborator, who is passionate about what he does.
Payment Methods Accepted
To contact Andrew Higgins by email or phone, please click here.
• Currently Andrew Higgins is a Standard subscriber.
• Andrew Higgins was last active on Voice123 248 days ago