Warm, Sophisticated, Intelligent, Real person
What I am told most often is how unique my slightly foreign sound is. Due to my eclectic background (born and raised in Germany, French school-educated, spent time in London...), there is a slight hint of a European accent that some people can detect. This can add a sophisticated, worldly quality to projects with international reach or audience. Therefore my voice type fits what is currently in demand for some types of projects in the medical, technological, and financial fields.
I bring an intelligent warmth & confidence to complex narrations, with excellent clarity and diction.
For commercials I excel at the conversational, "real person" genre, with a relaxed believability and authenticity. I can also deliver an upbeat approach to getting my listeners excited about the subject matter without sounding "sell-y".
My German is native, and my French fluent and accent-free. I do not sound like an American speaking these languages, but rather like the real deal.
Voice Genders and "Ages" I Can Perform
• Young Adult Female
• Middle Age Female
Language(s) of Which I Am a Native Speaker:
• English - USA and Canada
I Offer my Services for these Recording Purposes
• IVR, voicemail, phone systems, and on-hold messages
• Training, business presentations, sales, and web sites
• TV shows and movies
• Movie and game trailers
• Others (on-camera, infomercials, live announcers, spokespersons)
Jobs I Am Willing to Take (Union-wise)
• Non-Union Jobs
• Jobs for SAG-AFTRA (US) signatories
My Union Affiliations and Memberships
My Recording and Delivery Capabilities
• I will go to any designated studio in my area
• I can record and then deliver the audio files via Email
• I can record and then upload the audio files via FTP
• I can record and then deliver the files by regular mail
Pre-, Post- and Production Services I Offer
• I offer translation services
• I can deliver edited and finished voice tracks
• I have a music library and can add music to any project
• I can add special effects to any project
My Home Base
, California, United States
Accents, Impersonations, Characters and Dialects
German accent, French accent, European, Standard American Southern dialect, Standard British dialect, RP
Characters: Mom, best friend, snob, flirt, dim wit, and more
My Voice Experience
Much of my voice over work so far has involved the German and French languages across a variety of projects.
In German: I have recorded
* a tutorial for the iPhone, a promo video for YouTube, * a video narration for Hilmar Cheese.
* sung "Jingle Bells" in German for a kids' game and
* harmonized on various songs for a girls' toy.
Most recently I
* recorded several phrases in German concerning wine varietals, and
* translated dialogue from English into German for the short film "In Drei Minuten".
Clients include Ubisoft and Creativity, Inc.
In French: I have
* played Princess Jasmine for a "Prince of Persia" game, and
* provided diction accompaniment for singers on Pocket Coach Publications' French practice CD's.
In English: I've narrated videos for
* California Academy of Family Physicians, and
* Aetna "Design Challenge",
* I provided ADR on short film "Mother's Glass" by GroundSwell productions,
* played the co-lead in animated short "The First Time" by Greg Land, and most recently
* narrated an online course "Vision and Hearing Conditions" for Knowledge Anywhere.
As a graduate of Brown University with a degree in Theatre, Speech & Dance, I have engaged professionally with the spoken word ever since my college days. I also studied acting at the American Conservatory Theatre Summer Training Congress, and for a year in the U.K. at Drama Studio London.
Professional acting internships include the La Jolla Playhouse and Shakespeare Santa Cruz.
I trained in voice over at Voice One in San Francisco with Elaine Clark and other notable teachers and professionals such as Sarah Kliban, Bob Wood, John Crane, Tom Chantler, and David Rosenthal.
So far I have focused on commercials and narration, however my theatre background has given me a facility with character work as well.
Born and raised in Germany until the age of 16, and having attended a French Lycee there through grade 9, I am a multi-lingual performer who regularly enjoys using my language skills and experience.
My Studio Equipment
The equipment I am currently using in my home studio is as follows:
* Rode NT1000
* Avid MBox
* Twisted Wave
My career in the performing arts and communications has spanned 15+ years, giving me ample opportunity to hone my craft and establish true professionalism.
You should also know that my schedule is very flexible, allowing for quick responses (same day) and turn-around time (usually within 24 hours). I am extremely detail-oriented and easy to work with.
As a professional actor, other skills include singing (as mentioned in my resume section), and good vocal and breath support which is helpful for lengthy narrations.
I have also worked extensively as a standardized patient, which has exposed me to the medical field and given me ease with medical language and technical jargon.
Payment Methods Accepted
• Personal checks, cashier's checks, or money orders in my local currency
Online Payments Via PayPal
To contact Alexandra Matthew Elsman by email or phone, please click here.
• Currently Alexandra Matthew Elsman is a Standard subscriber.
• Alexandra Matthew Elsman was last active on Voice123 129 days ago