Everyman, wry, engaging, authoritative
My career in radio & TV has made me a frequent choice for upbeat, high-energy promo guy; everything from radio promotions to tonight's great comedy lineup on network TV! I can also do funny announcer and big, over-the-top sports announcer or deejay. Can tone it way down to be natural, Average Joe, next door neighbor.
My standup comedy background makes me well-suited for sarcastic and/or snarky, with good timing for humorous reads. I'm authoritative and articulate for presentations/ industrials, clear and engaging for vm/IVR/phone systems.
Voice Genders and "Ages" I Can Perform
• Young Adult Male
• Middle Age Male
Language(s) of Which I Am a Native Speaker:
• English - USA and Canada
I Offer my Services for these Recording Purposes
• IVR, voicemail, phone systems, and on-hold messages
• Training, business presentations, sales, and web sites
• TV shows and movies
• Movie and game trailers
• Adult content
Jobs I Am Willing to Take (Union-wise)
• Non-Union Jobs
• Jobs for SAG-AFTRA (US) signatories
My Union Affiliations and Memberships
• SAG-AFTRA (US)
My Recording and Delivery Capabilities
• I will go to any designated studio in my area
• I can record and then deliver the audio files via Email
• I can record and then upload the audio files via FTP
• I can record and then deliver the files by regular mail
Pre-, Post- and Production Services I Offer
• I offer copywriting services
• I can deliver edited and finished voice tracks
• I have a music library and can add music to any project
• I can add special effects to any project
My Home Base
, Illinois, United States
Accents, Impersonations, Characters and Dialects
Passable British, Hindu, Irish
My Voice Experience
I have been telling stories for over 20 years- as a standup comedian, host of my own award-winning radio shows, and as a PBS TV contributor. I've also worked with the WNBA & the NHL (as the arena host for the Chicago Sky & Pittsburgh Penguins, respectively). I have produced and recorded a broad range of audio commercials, and have provided voiceover for various radio/TV promos, as well as narrating documentaries for the Big Ten Network.
Full-time commercial broadcaster since 1995. I've written and performed standup comedy since 1991.
My Studio Equipment
Experience with Pro-Tools, Cool Edit, SAW, and Vegas software.
-Can carry a tune and sing parodies of some contemporary acts as well as comic performances.
-Over a decade of experience with writing/rewriting ad copy and comedy.
-Digital sound editing experience (Cool Edit, Pro Tools, Saw, etc.)
Payment Methods Accepted
• Personal checks, cashier's checks, or money orders in my local currency
• Wire transfers
To contact Alan Cox by email or phone, please click here.
• Currently Alan Cox is a Standard subscriber.
Alan Cox does not appear to be an active participant of the Voice123 marketplace at this time.
Alan Cox was last active on Voice123 more than 365 days ago, OR may not be receiving our email messages.
Alan Cox does not appear to be an active participant of the Voice123 marketplace at this time. Alan Cox was last active on Voice123 more than 365 days ago, OR may not be receiving our email messages.