Announcer, Animated, Childlike, Mobster, Raspy
Please note that although my I live in Doha, Qatar, I am a U.S. citizen from San Diego, California.
I possess a great announcer voice for T.V and radio commercials. I have been told I sound like the "Movie Phone" guy or some other announcer that a listener would typically hear on the radio. In short, I can perform voiceovers sounding like the typical announcer that a listener may laugh at, yet consider what I have communicated.
My cartoon voice is probably the most amazing. This squeaky voice sounds more like Elmo of Sesame Street, yet can be adjusted to sound like a real 5 year old boy or girl, or a female. This is done WITHOUT a voice synthesizer. Without a doubt this voice is applicable to cartoons, video games, K-4 educational software, and movies. This animated voice is hilarious when I speak on adult topics, yet using this little voice.
Having spent time in the U.S. Marine Corps, I can also emulate the voice of a Drill Instructor or simply a typical "gung-ho" Marine.
Voice Genders and "Ages" I Can Perform
• Middle Age Male
• Senior Male
Language(s) of Which I Am a Native Speaker:
• English - USA and Canada
I Offer my Services for these Recording Purposes
• IVR, voicemail, phone systems, and on-hold messages
• Training, business presentations, sales, and web sites
• TV shows and movies
• Movie and game trailers
• Adult content
Jobs I Am Willing to Take (Union-wise)
• Non-Union Jobs
My Union Affiliations and Memberships
My Recording and Delivery Capabilities
• I can record and then deliver the audio files via Email
• I can record and then upload the audio files via FTP
Pre-, Post- and Production Services I Offer
• I can deliver edited and finished voice tracks
• I have a music library and can add music to any project
• I can add special effects to any project
My Home Base
San Diego, California, United States
Accents, Impersonations, Characters and Dialects
As stated earlier, I can sound like Elmo of Sesame Street.
My Voice Experience
Quality Day 1995 at Schumacher, Inc
- Added a voiceover to 5 minute PowerPoint presentation describing the Finance Department
Telephone Message at Schumacher, Inc.
- Recorded message to inform employees about upcoming trip to DisneyLand.
- Performed the voice-over recording for puppet shows for worship services.
Various IT Jobs
- Added voice-over to in-house computer-based tutorials for end-user software.
No formal training, but a fun hobby. Working as a part-time DJ has given me experiencing working with music editing software like MixMeister, Sony's AcidPro, and Adobe Audition.
My Studio Equipment
My home equipment consists of the following:
iMac 24", 266GHz, 8GB RAM, 2TB Hard Drive
MacBook Pro 15"
AKG C214 BULS Condenser Microphone
Pro Tools 8 LE
Reflexion Filter Pro
18 years of experiencing working in the Information Technology field. Occasionally I would be asked to record a voice-over for end-user software tutorials.
Payment Methods Accepted
• Credit cards
• Wire transfers
Online Payments Via PayPal
To contact Ty Penn by email or phone, please click here.
• Currently Ty Penn is a Standard subscriber.
• Ty Penn was last active on Voice123 297 days ago