conversational; typical dad; character voices
Voice is not deep but is smooth, excellent for narrations Because I can do compassionate, intellectual, thoughtful voicies but also rough and hard, as well as European accents, I am able to do a variety of characterizations.
Voice Genders and "Ages" I Can Perform
• Middle Age Male
• Senior Male
Language(s) of Which I Am a Native Speaker:
• English - USA and Canada
I Offer my Services for these Recording Purposes
• IVR, voicemail, phone systems, and on-hold messages
• Training, business presentations, sales, and web sites
• TV shows and movies
• Movie and game trailers
• Others (on-camera, infomercials, live announcers, spokespersons)
Jobs I Am Willing to Take (Union-wise)
• Non-Union Jobs
My Union Affiliations and Memberships
My Recording and Delivery Capabilities
• I will go to any designated studio in my area
• I can record and then deliver the audio files via Email
• I can record and then upload the audio files via FTP
Pre-, Post- and Production Services I Offer
• I can deliver edited and finished voice tracks
My Home Base
New York, New York, United States
Accents, Impersonations, Characters and Dialects
British, French, Italian. Disney dad, Mobster. Intellectual.
My Voice Experience
Since beginning to audition in November 2016, I have obtained bookings doing character voices in the following productions:
1) GIVEN SHELTER (documentary film, dir. John Stearns Moody)
--19th century Los Angeles Parks Commissioner
2) DR. WHO AUDIO ADVENTURE ( dir. Jacob Cerin)
-- Jimmy, a mobster
1) WAITING FOR CHRISTMASLAND, (animation, dir. Eric Stafford)
-- Boris Karloff-style narrator
2) CHALIE MANX'S MIND (animation, dir. Eric Stafford)
-- Boris Karloff-style narrator
3) ZARMAGGEDON (animation, Bluerock Entertainment, Inc.)
-- The Eye, an inept Russian spy
4) DOCUMENTARY ON PRE-CIVIL WAR SLAVERY DEBATE, as yet untitled (Dir. Molly O'Neil, Northern Light Productions)
--George Mason, a Virginia slaveholder
1) Voice for video ad for Sothebys International Real (P.S. Media
1) Narration of video promoting branding campaign for "19 Crimes" (Australian beer), featuring British accent. (Rough House Editorial, Inc.)
1. Columbia College, BA, 1971
2. Yale School of Drama, MFA, 1974
3. Cardozo School of Law, JD, 1990
4. Recent coaching in voiceover work at VooicePaint, a New York City studio focusing on voiceover training.
My Studio Equipment
Professional quality Blue microphone. Am able to record and edit using the Audacity app on my computer.
In the 80's I freelanced as an editor and writer. Many of my pieces were film reviews that appeared in Jewishly oriented publications. In addition, I have spent many years writing legal briefs. In light of this experience, I am comfortable with complex language, a sense of ease that enables me to read texts aloud in a manner that conveys their meaning clearly.
Payment Methods Accepted
• Credit cards
• Personal checks, cashier's checks, or money orders in my local currency
• Wire transfers
To contact Mordy Newman by email or phone, please click here.
• Currently Mordy Newman is a Premium subscriber.
• Mordy Newman has been active on Voice123 during the past 48 hours