The guy next door. Only better. And British.
Find me online at MikeCooperVoiceover.com, or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Call me direct in the US at +1 (828) 333 5020, or via the UK if you prefer,
on +44 (0) 20 3695 2938
- My Broadcast experience includes 10 years as network voice for BBC World Service radio, several years on air with ITV and HISTORY in the UK, plus dozens of documentary narrations for HISTORY, National Geographic, Bio, and the Crime & Investigation Network.
- Corporate clients includie Air France, BP, Fujitsu, Hewlett Packard, Hyatt Regency, Lloyds Bank, Nissan, Nokia, Renault, Rolls Royce, Royal Mail, Siemens, Shell, Unilever and The World Health Organisation (to name just a few…)
- A voice that's been described as "warm, friendly, approachable, authoritative and believable"
- …and a background in radio and television production that means you're dealing with a genuinely experienced all-rounder.
Your 100% satisfaction is the rule I work to. Though most of my clients are happy on the first take, I'm never happy until you are. And with over 90% of my work coming from repeat business, I'm highly confident I can deliver.
One of the UK's most respected and successful voice over talents, I emigrated from London to the USA in 2014 and my professional home studio means I can connect with clients anywhere in the world for live sessions, or work without supervision to create the voiceover track you need.
My clients say it best. Here are a few testimonials (there are many more on my website at mikecoopervoiceover.com/client-testimonials/)
"Mike is fast, flexible, and fun. He has delivered a number of voiceovers for our projects, in a variety of styles, and with very tight turnarounds. A total professional and a pleasure to work with!”
"I appreciate the fact that you can deliver high quality recordings remotely, your delivery is always first class, and there aren’t massive agency overheads to pay when working with you directly – all major plus points.”
"Clear and professional communication are the keywords to describe our work together. Within just a few days, we have received the voice over we were looking for. Mike is someone who takes your notes and remarks to a next level without ever losing the feel of the project. Another great plus was his input as well, which makes editing a whole lot more interesting. To round up: a pleasant experience that will certainly lead to another cooperation!”
"Working with Mike is always a pleasure: great voice, great jobs, great reliability.”
"Mike delivered us a great voiceover with zero fuss. Two phone calls, two emails, job done. Very impressive.”
"There is an effortless authority which sets Mike’s voice apart from other voiceover artists – many of whom have a contrived. In short, Mike is credible. And having worked with him, I can vouch for his professionalism and his easy-going manner.”
"Mike’s work is always exceptional. Our clients are always pleased with the results and the recording sessions always run smoothly.”
"Mike is a consummate professional, who has great talent alongside a wealth of experience in the media. He is committed to delivering 150% each time. Mike also has a friendly, approachable and fun-loving manner, which brings another enjoyable dimension to his work.”
"Mike provided us with a voice-over track that was spot on in the first take. Great character and a lively voice that suited our production like a glove!”
"Mike’s preparation, professionalism and skill ensured we kept to tight deadlines and maintained a consistently excellent level of dramatic narration. In a complex and dense script littered with difficult foreign pronunciations, there was barely a slip over more than 20 hours of recording. Mike responds well and positively to direction, and is a pleasure to work with.”
NEED TO KNOW MORE?
Drop me a line at email@example.com, or call me on +1 (828) 333 5020 or +44 (0) 20 3695 2938.
I look forward to working with you and helping to take your project to the next level!
Voice Genders and "Ages" I Can Perform
• Young Adult Male
• Middle Age Male
• Senior Male
Language(s) of Which I Am a Native Speaker:
• English - British
• English - Other
I Offer my Services for these Recording Purposes
• IVR, voicemail, phone systems, and on-hold messages
• Training, business presentations, sales, and web sites
• TV shows and movies
• Movie and game trailers
• Adult content
• Others (on-camera, infomercials, live announcers, spokespersons)
Jobs I Am Willing to Take (Union-wise)
• Non-Union Jobs
• Jobs for SAG-AFTRA (US) signatories
My Union Affiliations and Memberships
My Recording and Delivery Capabilities
• I will go to any designated studio in my area
• I have Phone Patch in my studio
• I have Source Connect in my studio
• I can record and then deliver the audio files via Email
• I can record and then upload the audio files via FTP
• I can record and then deliver the files by regular mail
• I have ipDTL in my studio
Pre-, Post- and Production Services I Offer
• I offer copywriting services
• I can deliver edited and finished voice tracks
• I have a music library and can add music to any project
My Home Base
Asheville, North Carolina, United States
Accents, Impersonations, Characters and Dialects
Neutral British English, Black Country, Generic Northern English, Australian, South African
My Voice Experience
I've been in the industry for over 25 years - straight into the BBC from leaving school, in fact. My Broadcast experience includes 10 years as network voice for BBC World Service radio, several years as an on air talent for the ITV network, and over 7 years on air with HISTORY in the UK, plus dozens of documentary narrations for HISTORY, National Geographic, Bio, and the Crime & Investigation Network.
I have an active and growing corporate client list on both sides of the Atlantic, including Air France, BP, Fujitsu, Hewlett Packard, Hyatt Regency, Lloyds Bank, Nissan, Nokia, Renault, Rolls Royce, Royal Mail, Siemens, Shell, Unilever and The World Health Organisation (to name just a few…)
And an important point: I'm a full time voice over actor with a professional studio - not a part timer with a microphone in the bedroom closet…
Learning is a lifelong journey - in voiceover as much as with anything else. I choose my teachers wisely and, despite my years of experience, I never accept I know everything. I take classes and enjoy working out with other professionals to improve my craft. I read scripts and work every day to keep abreast of changes and trends in the industry.
Using my voice and working in the media fascinated me from a very early age. At the age of six I was already reading afternoon stories to my classmates. By my 17th birthday I was already writing and recording promotions for BBC Radio, and I was presenting programmes by the age of 18. The rest is history!
My Studio Equipment
Sennheiser MKH-416 & Neumann TLM 193 microphones
dbx and Focusrite preamps
ISDN and VOIP connections (Source-Connect Pro/Now!, ipDTL, etc)
Your finished voice track can be supplied over the internet as an MP3, a WAV – or virtually any other digital format – with the professional-quality, finished files sent via email (or FTP).
I spent many years on the other side of the glass: as a Transmission Controller/Network Director in television, and as a live studio director for BBC World News and Sky News in London. All of this has helped me to hone my communication and technical skills. Being used to directing talent myself, I have a knack for both appreciating and anticipating what the director or producer wants.
Payment Methods Accepted
• Credit cards
• Personal checks, cashier's checks, or money orders in my local currency
• Personal checks, cashier's checks, or money orders in any currency
• Wire transfers
Online Payments Via PayPal
To contact Mike Cooper by email or phone, please click here.
• Currently Mike Cooper is a Standard subscriber.
• Mike Cooper was last active on Voice123 46 days ago