Youthful, energetic, Brazilian accent specialist
I have a smooth, youthful and energetic voice for presentations and can also be fun/playful for commercials. My voice covers a wide range from a male teenager to middle-age man. I am also very quick at learning to impersonate new voices I hear in a short amount of time.
Voice Genders and "Ages" I Can Perform
• Teenage Boy
• Young Adult Male
• Middle Age Male
Language(s) of Which I Am a Native Speaker:
• English - USA and Canada
• Portuguese - Brazilian
I Offer my Services for these Recording Purposes
• IVR, voicemail, phone systems, and on-hold messages
• Training, business presentations, sales, and web sites
• TV shows and movies
• Movie and game trailers
• Adult content
• Others (on-camera, infomercials, live announcers, spokespersons)
Jobs I Am Willing to Take (Union-wise)
• Non-Union Jobs
My Union Affiliations and Memberships
My Recording and Delivery Capabilities
• I will go to any designated studio in my area
Pre-, Post- and Production Services I Offer
• I offer translation services
My Home Base
, New York, United States
Accents, Impersonations, Characters and Dialects
Specialize in Brazilian Portuguese accent, can also do Spanish accent, British accent, Stitch voice (from Lilo & Stitch movie), The Joker impersonation (Heath Ledger's depiction), Mr. Mackey impersonation from South Park.
My Voice Experience
- The first voice over jobs I did were in Sao Paulo, Brazil for English-teaching companies that needed native English speakers to record for their ESL audiobooks. I was a natural in the studio and always enjoyed recording and felt extremely confident trying out new characters thrown at me.
- I also did several ADR projects in Brazil but did not have any formal training for them. It was always just a learn-on-the-fly kind of experience but thankfully I was good enough to keep getting called back for more projects during the 6 years I lived in Brazil.
- Since moving to NYC in 2011 I've done several projects for ESL audiobooks at John Marshall Media. I specialize in Brazilian Portuguese accent and was good enough for a clip of mine to be displayed on John Marshall Media's website under South/Latin American accents.
- One of the lead roles in High School production of Shakespeare's As You Like It,
- Numerous character roles for ESL audiobooks in Sao Paulo, Brazil (where I received hands-on training for voice-acting)
My Studio Equipment
I can say almost any word backwards immediately upon seeing/hearing it. I used to practice saying words backwards on road trips from signs I would see along the highway and became increasingly good at it. I never thought it was that big a deal until my family & friends kept asking me to perform for them and would always remark how incredible it was I could do it. I became curious and did a bit of research to see if it was truly a phenomenon. From what I discovered it is very uncommon and even has scientists baffled as to how it occurs.
Payment Methods Accepted
• Credit cards
To contact Michael Roome by email or phone, please click here.
• Currently Michael Roome is a Standard subscriber.
• Michael Roome was last active on Voice123 112 days ago