Smart Best Friend, Sophisticated, Conversational
My voice has been described as "your best friend who KNOWS". Conversational, bright, playful, warm, engaging, sophisticated, natural; she plays the Mom, the Mistress, the Beauty Queen and the Girl Next Door. Just don't ask her to sing....unless you're looking for off key.
Voice Genders and "Ages" I Can Perform
• Young Adult Female
• Middle Age Female
Language(s) of Which I Am a Native Speaker:
• English - USA and Canada
I Offer my Services for these Recording Purposes
• IVR, voicemail, phone systems, and on-hold messages
• Training, business presentations, sales, and web sites
• TV shows and movies
• Movie and game trailers
• Adult content
• Others (on-camera, infomercials, live announcers, spokespersons)
Jobs I Am Willing to Take (Union-wise)
• Jobs for SAG-AFTRA (US) signatories
My Union Affiliations and Memberships
• SAG-AFTRA (US)
My Recording and Delivery Capabilities
• I will go to any designated studio in my area
• I can record and then deliver the audio files via Email
• I can record and then upload the audio files via FTP
• I can record and then deliver the files by regular mail
Pre-, Post- and Production Services I Offer
• I can deliver edited and finished voice tracks
• I can add special effects to any project
My Home Base
, California, United States
Accents, Impersonations, Characters and Dialects
I am trained in Standard American English but can also voice in an East Texas/Southeastern US accent and a Midwestern accent.
I have a great ear for accents and regionalisms and pick them up quickly.
My Voice Experience
I have voiced theatre and media installations, museum installations, radio plays, television and radio commercials, industrials, telephone systems and psychological testing systems.
BFA Theatre - New World School of the Arts/University of Florida
Extensive VO training with Shelly Carlson, Chicago
Voice & Speech training with Catherine Fitzmaurice
I also teach and coach vocal production for theatre
My Studio Equipment
Shure KSM32 with pop filter and shock mount
Mbox2 and Pro Tools
I am a vocal coach for live theatre and voice-overs. I design and produce web and multimedia applications and can direct voice talent.
Payment Methods Accepted
• Personal checks, cashier's checks, or money orders in my local currency
Online Payments Via PayPal
To contact Melissa Lawson by email or phone, please click here.
• Currently Melissa Lawson is a Standard subscriber.
• Melissa Lawson was last active on Voice123 27 days ago