Character Specialist, Offbeat, Guy Next Door
My voice is typically deep and warm, but can range from fun and exciting for commercials, smooth and confident for presentations or narration, to grandfatherly or silly. I am able to perform various character voices including a cantancerous granny (when necessary).
Voice Genders and "Ages" I Can Perform
• Young Adult Male
• Middle Age Male
• Senior Female
• Senior Male
Language(s) of Which I Am a Native Speaker:
• English - British
• English - USA and Canada
I Offer my Services for these Recording Purposes
• IVR, voicemail, phone systems, and on-hold messages
• Training, business presentations, sales, and web sites
• TV shows and movies
• Movie and game trailers
• Adult content
• Others (on-camera, infomercials, live announcers, spokespersons)
Jobs I Am Willing to Take (Union-wise)
• Non-Union Jobs
My Union Affiliations and Memberships
My Recording and Delivery Capabilities
• I will go to any designated studio in my area
• I can record and then deliver the audio files via Email
• I can record and then upload the audio files via FTP
• I can record and then deliver the files by regular mail
Pre-, Post- and Production Services I Offer
• I can deliver edited and finished voice tracks
• I offer radio ad production services
• I have a music library and can add music to any project
• I can add special effects to any project
My Home Base
, Tennessee, United States
Accents, Impersonations, Characters and Dialects
I can also provide characters from cartoon to dialect-specific. Strengths include: U.S. New York (Brooklyn), U.S. Minnesota, British (Cornish), British (Liverpool), British (Cultured Londoner), Scottish, Irish, French accented, Spanish accented, and Indian/Pakistani accented.
My Voice Experience
I began my voice-over career as the overnight DJ on Jet 107.7 (WRJT-FM) in Middle Tennessee, where I also learned radio promo production. I continued as a radio DJ on the Armed Forces Radio Network (AFRN). While on AFRN, I honed my skills at post-production (and well as refining my voice). I've done several local commercials as well as narration of training films for the U.S. Navy and the Department of Defense.
Although I've had no formal education in voice overs, I did have acting classes while in High School with the Cookeville Performing Arts Center (Tennessee) and was involved in several acting and music productions throughout high school. Most of my ability, however, came from "hands-on" experience while working in radio.
Additionally, I attended Berklee College of Music, where I majored in Music Production. This included training in spotting sound to film, sound design, recording engineering, and music production.
I also worked for 2 years at "The Shed" (a full featured recording studio in Rock, United Kingdom), which was owned and operated by a former BBC Recording Engineer.
My Studio Equipment
My studio currently consists of the following:
* MacBook Pro
* Mac Pro
* Pro Tools 11
* Ableton Suite 8
* Reason 7
* Presonus Studio One Professional 3
* Cubase Studio 4
* Harrison Mixbus
...numerous production plugins from Waves, Nomad Factory, T-RackS, etc.
* Focusrite Clarett 8Pre interface
* Focusrite ISA428 preamp
* ART Pro VLA II compressor
* Sterling Audio ST-6050 (Ocean Way Edition)
* Rode NT2a
* Sennheiser e835
* Shure SM7b
* Shure Beta 58a
* Shure SM57
...various drum/percussion/instrument mics from Audix, Shure, and Behringer.
* Numerous synthesizers, samplers and drum machines (both hardware and software) for creating original music backing tracks and soundbeds.
* Gibson Les Paul guitar
I spent 24 years in the military (U.S. Navy), which gives me specialized knowledge of military jargon. This is especially helpful when doing voiceovers for military-based narration or commercials.
Additionally, I am capable of producing custom music from my studio for any projects that need it. I also have access to an extensive list of musicians for additional instrumentation that may be beyond my capabilities.
Payment Methods Accepted
• Personal checks, cashier's checks, or money orders in my local currency
• Wire transfers
Online Payments Via PayPal
To contact Matthew Mann by email or phone, please click here.
• Currently Matthew Mann is a Standard subscriber.
Matthew Mann does not appear to be an active participant of the Voice123 marketplace at this time.
Matthew Mann was last active on Voice123 more than 365 days ago, OR may not be receiving our email messages.
Matthew Mann does not appear to be an active participant of the Voice123 marketplace at this time. Matthew Mann was last active on Voice123 more than 365 days ago, OR may not be receiving our email messages.