Multi-award-winning British voice artist with 20 years' professional experience
I am a professional British dialect coach and do many character voices with British accents for commercial work.
For explainer videos my clear, professional voice helps to make complex information easier to understand.
My classically trained, warm voice is easy on the ear for narration.
The voices I get booked for most are:
Young adult British - youthful, cheerful, enthusiastic, conversational
Middle-aged British - sincere, trustworthy, warm, confident, professional, authentic
Voice Genders and "Ages" I Can Perform
• Teenage Girl
• Teenage Boy
• Young Adult Female
• Middle Age Female
Language(s) of Which I Am a Native Speaker:
• English - British
I Offer my Services for these Recording Purposes
• IVR, voicemail, phone systems, and on-hold messages
• Training, business presentations, sales, and web sites
• TV shows and movies
• Movie and game trailers
• Adult content
• Others (on-camera, infomercials, live announcers, spokespersons)
Jobs I Am Willing to Take (Union-wise)
• Non-Union Jobs
My Union Affiliations and Memberships
My Recording and Delivery Capabilities
• I will go to any designated studio in my area
• I can record and then deliver the audio files via Email
• I can record and then upload the audio files via FTP
Pre-, Post- and Production Services I Offer
• I offer copywriting services
My Home Base
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Accents, Impersonations, Characters and Dialects
Most British accents but especially: London (Cockney), Birmingham (Midlands), North West (Manchester/Yorkshire), South West (Bristol), Scottish (Edinburgh), Welsh (Cardiff), Northern Irish (Belfast)
My Voice Experience
I am a classically-trained, award-winning voice artist with over 20 years' experience in the UK, Europe and North America.
I have extensive experience in corporate work, narration, audio training, cartoons, commercial work, television and movie looping and am the voice of the computer in the reality tv show Panic Button.
My most recent projects have been ADR looping on the CW's "Reign" and the movie "Pride and Prejudice and Zombies". Other highlights include:
- ADR on the television show "Reign"
- telephone IVR for Qasar Gaming
- explainer video for Xero Directory
- internet teaser video for North Point Ministries
- ADR on "Pride and Prejudice and Zombies"
- television commercial for Clearblue
- voice of the computer in reality tv series "Panic Button"
- radio commercial for Wonga
- tv commercial for Weetabix
- radio commercial for Jack Astor's
- series of radio commercials for Philip's Bodygroom (won Gold for best radio commercial voice-over in Canada)
- cartoon character Kay Cockburn for "Ninjamaica" on Teletoon
- tv and radio commercials for Quiznos
- tv and radio commercials for Knorr/Liptons
- radio drama for BBC Radio 4
I trained at Bristol University Drama Department for three years and then studied under Francis Thomas at Bristol Old Vic Theatre School for two years. I have never stopped studying and take at least 3-6 voice workshops each year.
I am a professional dialect coach and member of VASTA (Voice and Speech Trainers Association).
My Studio Equipment
Microphone: Focusrite Scarlett Studio CM25 large diaphram cardiod condenser mic
Equipment; Scarlett Solo preamp interface, Skype, SE reflection filter
Computer; Lenovo Windows 10 solid state drive Ideapad
I am an experienced copy-editor and is particularly good at making scripts work for an audience, especially for companies who are not based in the UK.
Payment Methods Accepted
Online Payments Via PayPal
To contact Marilla Wex by email or phone, please click here.
• Currently Marilla Wex is a Premium subscriber.
• Marilla Wex has been active on Voice123 during the past 48 hours