Project Main Details
• Audio files must be delivered via FTP/Dropbox/Google Drive/cloud
Video Draft https://yadi.sk/i/yzNlIZuBxjUZz
1. XTools Pro is one of the most popular extensions for ArcGIS for Desktop end users.
2. In this video we will demonstrate a practical example of using the XTools Pro “Open Attribute Table” tool.
3. Opening attribute tables is a common operation when you work with map data and XTools Pro provides more capabilities for that as compared to the standard Open table functionality in ArcMap.
4. In order to open an attribute table without using layer’s context menu, select the required layer in the table of contents and press the Open Attribute Table button. You can see a standard ArcMap attribute table window.
5. Now let’s open another attribute table the same way. As you see, both tables are shown in one window.
But viewing two tables at a time may be quite uncomfortable, especially when they contain a lot of records.
6. Well, the XTools Pro Open Attribute Table tool allows to easily solve this problem.
7. Let’s open two attribute tables one more time, but now we are going to select the Open Attribute Table in Separate Window option.
8. Note that now the Open Attribute Table icon on the XTools Pro toolbar and the tool’s behavior have changed. At that, last option you have selected for opening attribute tables will be used for current ArcMap session.
9. Now attribute tables are shown in two separate windows that can be placed anywhere on the screen.
10. Besides, XTools Pro allows opening attribute table in a dockable window that behaves same as standard table in ArcMap.
11. Now both open tables are shown in one window that can be either docked or placed anywhere in ArcMap.
12. But there is more to come…
Attribute tables opened with XTools Pro have additional Feature preview field where either simple symbology preview (that you see in the table of contents) or small thumbnails (representing the actual feature shape) are shown.
13. The feature thumbnails can be enlarged, just expand record of the table.
14. Some options of the Open Attribute Table tool can be customized.
For example, you can change the features preview mode in the table or specify the default behavior of the tool.
15. To start customization, press Open Table in and select the default attribute table view from the drop-down list:
— Standard ArcMap table window
— New separate table window
— Dockable table window.
16. To specify features preview mode in the attribute table, press Feature preview and select one of the provided variants:
17. Working with attribute tables opened with XTools Pro is much easier and more convenient, as you can better visualize features and so promptly analyze and select required records.
18. Summarizing our talk, with XTools Pro Open Attribute Table tool you will be able to:
Open attribute tables with just one click
View and edit multiple attribute tables in separate windows at a time
Show feature symbology preview or shape geometry preview directly in the table.
19. XTools Pro is the #1 Productivity Suite for ArcGIS Professionals.
20. Visit our website to learn more or try XTools Pro free for 14 days.
Voice123 Team Comments
Voice123 consultations with this voice seeker regarding this project and/or other projects by this voice seeker, via phone, chat, and/or email.
This project - phone.
Previous projects - phone.
This project - email or chat.
Previous projects - email or chat.
Note: Voice123 strives to establish the legitimacy of all projects posted. However, Voice123 subscribers and users are responsible for confirming information stated by prospective voice seekers, agents and/or clients. Voice123 subscribers and users assume all liability for use of any information found through Voice123, or any of its publications.
This page contains the most important details of this project. If you find the information on this project inaccurate or inappropriate, please let us know by contacting us.