Reliable, adaptable, strong, warm
Portuguese native speaker - Video journalist.
I have a very warm, reliable and deep voice for documentaries, which is also useful for corporative jobs. But my voice can also be educational, knowledgeable, smooth, which makes me also an expert in audiobooks, e-learning and web videos. But I can adapt it to several kinds of jobs.
If I'm doing a commercial I can be very funny and enthusiastic. But if I'm doing a business presentation I can also be strong and reliable.
Voice Genders and "Ages" I Can Perform
• Young Adult Male
• Middle Age Male
• Senior Male
Language(s) of Which I Am a Native Speaker:
• English - Other
• Portuguese - from Portugal
I Offer my Services for these Recording Purposes
• IVR, voicemail, phone systems, and on-hold messages
• Training, business presentations, sales, and web sites
• TV shows and movies
• Movie and game trailers
• Others (on-camera, infomercials, live announcers, spokespersons)
Jobs I Am Willing to Take (Union-wise)
• Non-Union Jobs
My Union Affiliations and Memberships
My Recording and Delivery Capabilities
• I will go to any designated studio in my area
• I can record and then deliver the audio files via Email
• I can record and then upload the audio files via FTP
Pre-, Post- and Production Services I Offer
• I offer copywriting services
• I offer translation services
• I can deliver edited and finished voice tracks
My Home Base
Lisbon, Cascais, Porto, Setubal, Europe, Portugal
Accents, Impersonations, Characters and Dialects
European Portuguese Neutral.
My Voice Experience
I'm journalist in a portuguese TV channel (SIC), so I started doing narration for my reports.
Then I started to do corporate films for clients like "Lake Resort", "Lisbon Metropolitan Orchestra", "Portuguese Agriculture Confederation".
I also did a commercials for "Western Union", "Nova Cambios" and "Magnata Café" for the Angolan market, and "Garmin" for the Portuguese market.
I did voice over for internal videos of Galp, Texto Ediotora, Águas de Portugal, Sporting Clube de Portugal, Intel, Husqvarna, Yves Saint-Laurent, and many others..
I can easily do voice over works for radio, television and web.
I have a degree in "Comunication and Journalism", in which I did one subject titled "Voice over techniques".
I also did a voice over workshop in "CENJOR", a professional school for journalists in Lisbon.
My Studio Equipment
I record in a professional studio, with an audio technician. Microphone is Rode NT1A. Software is Nuendo.
I've worked as voice over within the last 15 years. I've always been willing to try, try, try and try... and fortunately I can't complaint about the results, neither my clients do.
I record in a professional studio in Lisbon.
I'm very professional and I'm not that expensive... What can I do?... I live in Portugal!...
Payment Methods Accepted
• Credit cards
• Personal checks, cashier's checks, or money orders in my local currency
• Personal checks, cashier's checks, or money orders in any currency
• Wire transfers
To contact Luís Maia by email or phone, please click here.
• Currently Luís Maia is a Premium subscriber.
• Luís Maia has been active on Voice123 during the past 48 hours