Fatherly, Commanding, Caring, Upbeat
I grew up imitating Gary Owens, announcer for "Laugh In" and have developed an announcer style similar to his.
I can do character voices and have acting experience.
My voice sounds trustworthy for industrials.
I am flexible, willing to do whatever the client needs.
My voice has been described as crisp, professional, sarcastic, commanding, warm, animated, authoritative, vesatile, engaging, direct, purposeful, trustworthy, believable, powerful, sonorous, mellifluous, dulcet, fatherly, baritone, masculine.
Voice Genders and "Ages" I Can Perform
• Middle Age Male
• Senior Male
Language(s) of Which I Am a Native Speaker:
• English - USA and Canada
I Offer my Services for these Recording Purposes
• IVR, voicemail, phone systems, and on-hold messages
• Training, business presentations, sales, and web sites
• TV shows and movies
• Movie and game trailers
• Others (on-camera, infomercials, live announcers, spokespersons)
Jobs I Am Willing to Take (Union-wise)
• Non-Union Jobs
My Union Affiliations and Memberships
My Recording and Delivery Capabilities
• I will go to any designated studio in my area
• I can record and then deliver the audio files via Email
• I can record and then upload the audio files via FTP
• I can record and then deliver the files by regular mail
Pre-, Post- and Production Services I Offer
• I offer copywriting services
• I can add special effects to any project
My Home Base
Dallas, Georgia, United States
Accents, Impersonations, Characters and Dialects
British, Southern, New York/New Jersey, Brit coms,
My Voice Experience
When I lived in Tallahassee, I went into the local radio station and asked to do commercials in return for a demo tape. The management at WTAL was happy to oblige and I was able to read several commercials and they proudly handed me a cassette tape of my work.
A few months later, a friend of mine was working the night shift at WGLF radio and we worked out a bit during the Winter Olympics where I played his mother who the radio station had sent there on a budget airline, in a budget motel and with no tickets to any of the games.
Currently, I do curtain warmer speeches for a local high school theatre troupe and a professional choral organization. I also emcee the honor chorus presentation locally.
I have recorded podcasts, video narration, and telephone systems.
I live in the Atlanta area and would love to work in any one of the major voice studios downtown.
Extensive theatre work with Little Theatre of Mechanisburg, Allenberry playhouse, People Place in Harrisburg, Tallahassee Little Theatre. I have appeared on stage and as the sound and light director.
My Studio Equipment
Adobe CS 5.5 including Audition and premiere pro.
Blue Snowball condenser microphone.
AT2020 Large diaphragm condenser.
I am a chorus teacher in the Atlanta area and make a living using my voice in that way.
I pride myself on taking care of the client and making sure the client is happy before declaring a project finished.
Payment Methods Accepted
• Credit cards
• Personal checks, cashier's checks, or money orders in my local currency
• Personal checks, cashier's checks, or money orders in any currency
• Wire transfers
Online Payments Via PayPal
To contact Karl Kuhlken by email or phone, please click here.
• Currently Karl Kuhlken is a Standard subscriber.
• Karl Kuhlken was last active on Voice123 49 days ago