Professional, Warm, Intelligent, Fun, Female
My voice is quirky, energetic, and fun for commercials, authoritative for narrations, silly for animation, warm and melodious (and sometimes sarcastic) for audiobooks, and engaging for documentaries.
Voice Genders and "Ages" I Can Perform
• Young Adult Female
• Middle Age Female
• Senior Female
Language(s) of Which I Am a Native Speaker:
• English - USA and Canada
I Offer my Services for these Recording Purposes
• IVR, voicemail, phone systems, and on-hold messages
• Training, business presentations, sales, and web sites
• TV shows and movies
• Movie and game trailers
• Others (on-camera, infomercials, live announcers, spokespersons)
Jobs I Am Willing to Take (Union-wise)
• Non-Union Jobs
• Jobs for SAG-AFTRA (US) signatories
My Union Affiliations and Memberships
• SAG-AFTRA (US)
My Recording and Delivery Capabilities
• I will go to any designated studio in my area
• I can record and then deliver the audio files via Email
• I can record and then upload the audio files via FTP
• I can record and then deliver the files by regular mail
Pre-, Post- and Production Services I Offer
• I offer copywriting services
• I can deliver edited and finished voice tracks
My Home Base
Pasadena, California, United States
Accents, Impersonations, Characters and Dialects
American (Standard), New York, Boston, Midwest (or Fargo), Georgia, Texas;
British RP (or upper-class British), Cockney, Irish, French, and Russian.
Character voices include Evil Queen, Crazy Squirrel, Tiny Pixie, Little Boy, Airhead, Sexy French Girl, Little Old Lady -- and so many in between!
My Voice Experience
Karyn has performed dozens of audiobooks for a number of clients; and has experience in documentary, telephony, commercial, animation, and radio.
She brings a passion for performance to every project: audiobooks, documentaries, telephony, animation, museum tours, corporate narration, e-learning, commercials, ADR, and so much more. She's fun to work with and has a flair for tailoring her reading to the needs of each script. She delivers a high-quality product, and values her client relationships.
Karyn is a classically-trained actor with over 25 years of experience, and a degree in English literature. She works both from her professional in-home studio and at LA-area recording studios. She's intelligent, warm, thoughtful, and a little geeky – with a great sense of humor. (And did we mention her snarky side?)
"I read books out loud. Best. Job. Ever."
• Audiobook Narration: Paul Alan Ruben, Pat Fraley, Scott Brick, Stefan Rudnicki, Gabrielle de Cuir, Renee Raudman, Kathe Mazur
• Character Voice Study: Pat Fraley
• Commercial Voiceover: Marc Cashman
• Narration: David Goldberg, Carol Monda
• Voice and Speech: Denise Woods
• e-Learning and Telephony: Liz de Nesnera
• Improvisation Technique: Stephen Book
• ADR and Looping: Barbara Harris
• Dialect Study: Linda Brennan, David Alan Stern
• Recording and Mastering: George Whittam
• American Academy of Dramatic Arts, AA, Acting
• Lyndon State College, BA, English Literature
My Studio Equipment
• Shure PG42
• MacBook Pro, Twisted Wave
• Professional Home Studio
• Phone Patch via Skype
• Audio Mastering
• Technical Terminology (medical, engineering, scientific)
• Shakespearean English
• Proofreading Copy
Payment Methods Accepted
• Personal checks, cashier's checks, or money orders in my local currency
• Wire transfers
To contact Karyn O'Bryant by email or phone, please click here.
• Currently Karyn O'Bryant is a Standard subscriber.
• Karyn O'Bryant was last active on Voice123 3 days ago