Character Specialist, offbeat, versatile
Slow and professional for narrations and presentations, loud and wild for announcing and show opens. I tend to have a wide range of emotional response and energy after telling countless stories to my family over the years. Character voices are no problem, often able to generate new accents and patterns to mimic new and unusual character types.
Voice Genders and "Ages" I Can Perform
• Teenage Boy
• Young Adult Male
• Middle Age Male
• Senior Male
Language(s) of Which I Am a Native Speaker:
• English - USA and Canada
I Offer my Services for these Recording Purposes
• IVR, voicemail, phone systems, and on-hold messages
• Training, business presentations, sales, and web sites
• TV shows and movies
• Movie and game trailers
• Adult content
• Others (on-camera, infomercials, live announcers, spokespersons)
Jobs I Am Willing to Take (Union-wise)
• Non-Union Jobs
My Union Affiliations and Memberships
My Recording and Delivery Capabilities
• I will go to any designated studio in my area
• I can record and then deliver the audio files via Email
• I can record and then upload the audio files via FTP
• I can record and then deliver the files by regular mail
Pre-, Post- and Production Services I Offer
• I offer copywriting services
• I can deliver edited and finished voice tracks
• I can add special effects to any project
My Home Base
, California, United States
Accents, Impersonations, Characters and Dialects
British/English accent - standard old british guy/the IT cr0wd style, Southern US - grew up in the south, easily manage "Southern Gentleman" as well as "White trash" or "Redneck", Californian/Valley Boy - Your general surfer dude or beach bum, Vague European accent - typically used for Russian/Ukranian/Eastern Europe type people, Old Curmogeon - This is your classical old cranky bastard much like the guys from the old Muppet Show. Very versatile, able to create additional voices on request.
My Voice Experience
I used to work on several podcasts, all of which can be found through Mevio under my stage name at the time - JPSylvrWolfe. MST3K style movie commentaries, generic hilarious antics, newsreads, and standard VO for introductions to the shows. Additionally I have done some voulenteer VO for the LibriVOX project.
Self trained through work on the podcasts as well as regular "riff sessions" with a buddy for some future possible shows about two old men being old and cranky. I've been podcasting and doing voice over work for several years now, having done both funny and serious shows. I have done announcer work , as well as reading for the voulnteer group "Librivox"; a non-profit organization which is presently taking public domain books and creating audiobooks for public use.
My Studio Equipment
Yamaha Mixing Console MG10/2
Cool Edit Pro, Audacity, Pod Producer
Podcasting experience, announcer experience, "pre show countdown" shows for both AMC and Ultra Star Cinemas (usually live announcements/interactive preshow content in Theaters), LibriVox audiobook reader for "The Social Contract"
Payment Methods Accepted
• Personal checks, cashier's checks, or money orders in my local currency
Online Payments Via PayPal
To contact Justin Tovar by email or phone, please click here.
• Currently Justin Tovar is a Standard subscriber.
• Justin Tovar was last active on Voice123 73 days ago