Fresh, smiley ,conversational, announcer,motherly
Bright clear announcer voice, warm and motherly for emmotional projects, can also be a conversational everyday girl. Mature or sexy for descriptive presentations or narrator parts. Musical theater background allows for ability to sing jingles or add tone and rythem to reads.
Voice Genders and "Ages" I Can Perform
• Teenage Girl
• Young Adult Female
• Middle Age Female
Language(s) of Which I Am a Native Speaker:
• English - USA and Canada
I Offer my Services for these Recording Purposes
• IVR, voicemail, phone systems, and on-hold messages
• Training, business presentations, sales, and web sites
• TV shows and movies
• Movie and game trailers
• Others (on-camera, infomercials, live announcers, spokespersons)
Jobs I Am Willing to Take (Union-wise)
• Non-Union Jobs
• Jobs for SAG-AFTRA (US) signatories
My Union Affiliations and Memberships
• SAG-AFTRA (US)
My Recording and Delivery Capabilities
• I will go to any designated studio in my area
• I have ISDN in my studio
• I have Phone Patch in my studio
• I have Source Connect in my studio
• I can record and then deliver the audio files via Email
Pre-, Post- and Production Services I Offer
• I offer copywriting services
• I can deliver edited and finished voice tracks
• I offer radio ad production services
• I have a music library and can add music to any project
• I can add special effects to any project
My Home Base
DC, Virginia, United States
Accents, Impersonations, Characters and Dialects
Traditionl sales voice, Southern drawl, musical theater background, high pitched childlike voice, sexy & raspy, goofy nerd, inventive cartoon characters, fast talker, valley girl, warm mom.
My Voice Experience
I have been doing VO work on National Union spots for over 10 years. I got my start by working in post production and because of my theater background I was always there to be the demo voice for the editors, lucky for me "demo love" would take place and instead of auditioning the ad agencies would just use me. My talents grew, my client list grew and I signed with 2 agencies on the west coast. Over 10 years later I have an extensive resume, my own home studio and a love for VO work.
I have a degree in Telecommuncations from Pepperdine University, however my love for VO and acting was developed at a very young age. I started in theater at the age of 6, and always loved singing, reading out loud and performing. In the world of VO I am pretty much 100% self taught, but was exposed to the inner workings of the business by working in post production editorial for over 10 years. I have a musical theater background which always helps with pacing and the tone of reads, and in addition aids in my character development. I audition weekly through my agents and always spend time daily working on characters, conversational reads and listen back to my auditions trying to analyze how I can improve.
My Studio Equipment
I use Sound Studio to record my reads on my Sennheiser Directional Studio Mic MKH 416 48 U. I have a sound proof booth with ISDN, Phone Patch and Source Connect capibilities. I can send files as MP3 or Wave.
I am available for quick turnaround on auditions and job. VO is my full time job so I am easy to reach via email and cell when you need me. I am easy to work with and very accomodating. The ultimate VO professional.
Payment Methods Accepted
• Personal checks, cashier's checks, or money orders in my local currency
• Personal checks, cashier's checks, or money orders in any currency
• Wire transfers
To contact Julie Johnston by email or phone, please click here.
• Currently Julie Johnston is a Standard subscriber.
• Julie Johnston was last active on Voice123 7 days ago