Smooth, Genuine, Comedic, Characters, Down-home
My natural tone is warm, rich and mid-range to deep, with no discernible accent. I can deliver a range of stylistic approaches - comedic, wry or sincere, smooth and professional - and through my experience in stand-up and improv, I've developed a number of characters and impressions.
Voice Genders and "Ages" I Can Perform
• Teenage Boy
• Young Adult Male
• Middle Age Male
Language(s) of Which I Am a Native Speaker:
• English - USA and Canada
I Offer my Services for these Recording Purposes
• TV shows and movies
• Movie and game trailers
• Others (on-camera, infomercials, live announcers, spokespersons)
Jobs I Am Willing to Take (Union-wise)
• Non-Union Jobs
My Union Affiliations and Memberships
My Recording and Delivery Capabilities
• I will go to any designated studio in my area
• I can record and then deliver the audio files via Email
• I can record and then upload the audio files via FTP
Pre-, Post- and Production Services I Offer
• I can deliver edited and finished voice tracks
• I have a music library and can add music to any project
• I can add special effects to any project
My Home Base
Boston, Massachusetts, United States
Accents, Impersonations, Characters and Dialects
Flat, Midwestern, Southern, Eastern European, Spanish, Mexican, Cowboy, Sportscaster, NASCAR fan, Informercial Announcer, Shock-Jock, Gremlin/Gollum, High-Society Type, Carnival Barker, 1920's Newsman, Superman Announcer, Film Noir Detective, Valley Girl, Old Man, Kennedy-Style Boston Accent, High-Pitched Cartoon Character, Micro-Machines Man
My Voice Experience
I've voiced everything from national TV/Radio campaigns for clients like Google, SolarCity and Bentley University to local TV/Radio spots for Blue Hills Bank, Speedbilly and others. As a stand-up comic and trained improviser, I've lent my voice to a number of short videos and live performances over the years, and I'm constantly honing my delivery in front of audiences across New England.
- Voice-Over Intensive, Levels 1-3 (CP Casting)
- B.A. from Colby College (Radio DJ, Baseball/Football Broadcaster)
- Graduate of Improv Asylum's Training Center (Levels 1-6)
- Cast member of Improv Asylum's "House Teams"
- Sketch comedy writer/performer with Mrs. Peanut
- Stand-up comic (The Comedy Studio, Nick's Comedy Stop)
- Hip-hop, Electronic and Advertising music production
My Studio Equipment
M-audio Fast Track Pro, Neumann TLM 102, AKG C1000s Microphone, KRK RP6 Studio Monitors, Dell Inspiron, Steinberg Wavelab 7 Audio & Mastering Software, AKAI MPD24 Pad Controller, FL Studio 11, Fender Strat w/MIDI pickup
I've been employed as a copywriter in advertising for nearly a decade, and my experience writing TV and Radio campaigns for big brands like Progressive, New Balance and TomTom gives me a nuanced understanding of how to deliver a script in a way that communicates the message with clarity and conviction.
Payment Methods Accepted
• Personal checks, cashier's checks, or money orders in my local currency
Online Payments Via PayPal
To contact Josh Kahn by email or phone, please click here.
• Currently Josh Kahn is a Standard subscriber.
• Josh Kahn was last active on Voice123 11 days ago