Character, likeable, energetic
---Fun and energetic for commercials and promos
I find that my voice is optimal for youth-related projects, such as commercials for toys and gadgets, breakfast cereals, sodas/sports drinks, fast food restaurants, and sporty but economical cars and trucks. As for promos, I'm at my best with projects for cartoons, sitcoms, video games and amusement parks.
---Professional for presentations and automation
I can tone it down and give you a nice straightforward read for training projects and phone messages.
---Warm and evocative for audiobooks and narration
Thanks to my background in theatre, I am well-suited to bringing characters and stories to vibrant life.
Voice Genders and "Ages" I Can Perform
• Young Adult Male
Language(s) of Which I Am a Native Speaker:
• Portuguese - Brazilian
• Portuguese - from Portugal
• Spanish - Latin American Neutral
I Offer my Services for these Recording Purposes
• IVR, voicemail, phone systems, and on-hold messages
• Training, business presentations, sales, and web sites
• Others (on-camera, infomercials, live announcers, spokespersons)
Jobs I Am Willing to Take (Union-wise)
• Non-Union Jobs
• Jobs for SAG-AFTRA (US) signatories
My Union Affiliations and Memberships
My Recording and Delivery Capabilities
• I will go to any designated studio in my area
• I can record and then deliver the audio files via Email
• I can record and then upload the audio files via FTP
Pre-, Post- and Production Services I Offer
• I offer translation services
• I can deliver edited and finished voice tracks
My Home Base
, New York, United States
Accents, Impersonations, Characters and Dialects
Upper-class British, Cockney, Irish, Australian, Blue collar New York/New Jersey, Valley girl/boy (OMG!), Skater/surfer dude, rural American/'country bumpkin'
My Voice Experience
Internet Radio Commercial for Anthem/Blue Cross Insurance
Web promo for Wordpress DT
Web commercial for Utah.com
Internal video for Fly By Night
Phone prompts in Portuguese for Varolli Corp
So here's the deal: I'm an actor. That's where most of my experience lies. I've done various stage plays and musicals, and a couple indie films. I'm relatively new in the voice over world, but my skills as an actor definitely translate to this medium.
Also, I speak Spanish and Portuguese, and I've worked as a Portuguese interpreter.
Private voice over coaching, Marla Kirban Voiceover
B.A., Theatre Arts, San Diego State University
Classical theatre training, Royal Academy of Dramatic Art
My Studio Equipment
- Samson Q1U microphone w/ pop filter
- Audacity 1.3 audio editor and recorder
I play guitar and piano, and I sing. If you'd like to spruce up your project with song, I'd be happy to help.
Also, I have experience as an English-Portuguese interpreter. Should your project require this bilingual skill, I'm your guy.
Payment Methods Accepted
• Personal checks, cashier's checks, or money orders in my local currency
Online Payments Via PayPal
To contact John Sousa by email or phone, please click here.
• Currently John Sousa is a Standard subscriber.
• John Sousa was last active on Voice123 35 days ago