Smooth, Gritty, Warm, Bright, Guy Next Door, Announcer, Character Voices
Dry to full production voiceover, specializing in commercial television, radio ads, radio imaging, telephone/website voice greetings, and the occasional "I need a voiceover that will embarrass the bride and groom" production.
I have a massive library of effects and music from nearly every genre of music from the last 60 years. Please contact for a tailored imaging profile to suit your radio station.
Voice Genders and "Ages" I Can Perform
• Young Adult Male
• Middle Age Male
Language(s) of Which I Am a Native Speaker:
• English - USA and Canada
I Offer my Services for these Recording Purposes
• IVR, voicemail, phone systems, and on-hold messages
• Training, business presentations, sales, and web sites
• TV shows and movies
• Movie and game trailers
• Adult content
• Others (on-camera, infomercials, live announcers, spokespersons)
Jobs I Am Willing to Take (Union-wise)
• Non-Union Jobs
• Jobs for SAG-AFTRA (US) signatories
My Union Affiliations and Memberships
My Recording and Delivery Capabilities
• I will go to any designated studio in my area
• I can record and then deliver the audio files via Email
• I can record and then upload the audio files via FTP
• I can record and then deliver the files by regular mail
Pre-, Post- and Production Services I Offer
• I can deliver edited and finished voice tracks
• I offer radio ad production services
• I have a music library and can add music to any project
• I can add special effects to any project
My Home Base
Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States
Accents, Impersonations, Characters and Dialects
Need a character voice? I got ya covered. There's a lot of different people rolling around in my head.
My Voice Experience
Starting in the 1980's, I learned commercial voice production the old fashioned way, through trial and error, a grease pencil and a razor blade. I've worked in several radio markets over the years and voiceover came to me purely out of love for the production side of the business. On-Air personalities are required to do production after their scheduled air shift and it seems my coworkers always had someplace or something to do after their shift. Someone was always complaining about their full production box. So, (for a favor or a sub sandwich) I offered to do the ads for them so they could cut out of the station early. I never told them how much I enjoyed creating those little ads and promos. As time went by, I eventually stepped away from the on-air duties and into production exclusively. My wife claims that voice production is my first love and she is my second. Not true, but it's close.
So, here I am, years later, in my home studio, surrounded by plants and and some studio gear, typing my story on the Voice123 website in hopes of getting that sweet gig behind the mic and mixer screen. If you're looking for a professionally produced recording from someone that will make your copy breathe life in a friendly, upbeat, timely manner, I would be honored to be the voice of your project.
My training is as follows...Listen, listen, listen, then practice, practice, practice, then apply the techniques.
My Studio Equipment
Mics: Audio Technica AT4033 and Rode NT1-a.
Preamp: dbx 286a
Skilled recording and editing
Radio Host of an Adult Contemporary Gold Based program titled "The All-Request Saturday Night".
Over 25 years experience as a club disc jockey.
Emcee Host of several small fashion shows.
Trivia and Game Show host.
17 seasons as an NFL Sunday football emcee host at a well known Sports Cafe.
Payment Methods Accepted
• Credit cards
• Personal checks, cashier's checks, or money orders in my local currency
• Wire transfers
Online Payments Via PayPal
To contact Jeff Skinner by email or phone, please click here.
• Currently Jeff Skinner is a Standard subscriber.
• Jeff Skinner was last active on Voice123 137 days ago