Smooth, deep, resonant, trailer, warm
My voice is warm and deep, I speak TO people, not AT them. I have a good range, from serious for narrations and presentations, to over the top for trailers, commercials and "SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY!", and everything in between. I have a radio background that has translated to stage and screen, and have taken several acting and scene study classes.
Voice Genders and "Ages" I Can Perform
• Young Adult Male
• Middle Age Male
Language(s) of Which I Am a Native Speaker:
• English - British
• English - USA and Canada
I Offer my Services for these Recording Purposes
• IVR, voicemail, phone systems, and on-hold messages
• Training, business presentations, sales, and web sites
• TV shows and movies
• Movie and game trailers
• Others (on-camera, infomercials, live announcers, spokespersons)
Jobs I Am Willing to Take (Union-wise)
• Non-Union Jobs
• Jobs for SAG-AFTRA (US) signatories
My Union Affiliations and Memberships
My Recording and Delivery Capabilities
• I will go to any designated studio in my area
• I have ISDN in my studio
• I have Phone Patch in my studio
• I have Source Connect in my studio
• I can record and then deliver the audio files via Email
• I can record and then upload the audio files via FTP
• I can record and then deliver the files by regular mail
Pre-, Post- and Production Services I Offer
• I offer copywriting services
• I can deliver edited and finished voice tracks
• I offer radio ad production services
• I have a music library and can add music to any project
• I can add special effects to any project
My Home Base
Raleigh-Durham, North Carolina, United States
Accents, Impersonations, Characters and Dialects
British, Russian, Southern US, Northeastern US.
My Voice Experience
Lately I've been narrating more industrials - a pilot for a documentary series, a tour of the Wilmington, NC, waterfront, training videos for BMW, marketing videos for software firms, on-hold messages and IVR.
Commercial experience includes Symmons faucets, Texas Renaissance Festival, Wild Waters, Coca Classic, East Carolina University, and numerous local spots in Florida and NC.
MA - Mass Communication, University of Florida
BS - Journalism, University of Florida
Producer - Gillder Frontier - 2009-present
Professor - East Carolina University - 2002-2009
(taught media production and announcing)
Freelance Voice Talent - 1998 - present
WUSF-FM - on-air talent - 1998-1999
Hot Talk 1490 AM - on-air talent - 1999-2000
Rock 104 - on-air talent - 2000-2001
Elkhart Dusters - voice of the Dusters - 2001
My Studio Equipment
Logic Pro Studio
Sound Ideas 6000
I can provide you with a turn-key solution, be it just voice, voice with music, voice with SFX and music. I have an extensive music and SFX library, and can deliver via FTP, email, or snail mail on whichever media you prefer.
I produce feature films, documentaries and industrial films, and can offer those services as well through the Gillder Frontier.
Payment Methods Accepted
• Credit cards
• Wire transfers
Online Payments Via PayPal
To contact Geoff Thompson by email or phone, please click here.
• Currently Geoff Thompson is a Premium subscriber.
• Geoff Thompson was last active on Voice123 32 days ago