smooth, sexy, friendly, warm, girl next door
My vocal register ranges from young and fresh to a more alto, sultry sound. Approachable, sexy, and smooth for commercials. Perky, fun, and professional for promos. Familiar and warm for narrations. Engaging for on-hold/IVR.
Voice Genders and "Ages" I Can Perform
• Teenage Girl
• Young Adult Female
• Middle Age Female
Language(s) of Which I Am a Native Speaker:
• English - USA and Canada
I Offer my Services for these Recording Purposes
• IVR, voicemail, phone systems, and on-hold messages
• Training, business presentations, sales, and web sites
• TV shows and movies
• Movie and game trailers
• Adult content
• Others (on-camera, infomercials, live announcers, spokespersons)
Jobs I Am Willing to Take (Union-wise)
• Non-Union Jobs
• Jobs for SAG-AFTRA (US) signatories
My Union Affiliations and Memberships
• SAG-AFTRA (US)
My Recording and Delivery Capabilities
• I have Phone Patch in my studio
• I can record and then deliver the audio files via Email
• I can record and then upload the audio files via FTP
• I can record and then deliver the files by regular mail
Pre-, Post- and Production Services I Offer
• I can deliver edited and finished voice tracks
My Home Base
, Florida, United States
Accents, Impersonations, Characters and Dialects
Southern, Valley girl, and New York/Long Islander.
My Voice Experience
Full credits & info on www.ellensowney.com
Professional Broadway, National, and European tour performer for 14 years.
Classically trained vocalist and pianist since the age of 5.
-The singing and promo voice for Disney's Pocahontas on CD, (Asian markets and domestic promos).
-The female voice/announcer for Disney's Wide World of Sports Complex and voiceovers, as well as a live host.
Children’s Miracle Network
Susan G. Komen Foundation
Disney’s Wide World of Sports Complex
Planet Hollywood Las Vegas
Central Florida Institute
Archdiocese of Newark Annual Appeal
Roza’s Nail Salon
Cherry Lake Tree Farm
Walt Disney World Entertainment
Dawn of Destiny
Medical Answers TV
The Lord’s Place
The Thinking Atheist
Angel of Music trailer
...and several hundred other clients...
B.A. New York University
-classical piano since age 5
-classical voice training, NYU and University of Miami, Jeff Halpern NYC
-Terry Schreiber Acting Studio
-Barry Moss musical Theater Intensive
-ballet, jazz, lyrical since age 6, Broadway Dance Center
My Studio Equipment
Customized Sweetwater Creation Station quiet computer
Studio Projects C1 microphone, Presonus interface, SoundForge editing
Live and on-camera hosting experience for major companies such as: McDonalds, Disney, ESPN, Sunglass Hut, American Express, etc.
Favorite credits include "As the World Turns," Paul Simon's "The Capeman," and HBO's "Leading Ladies."
Payment Methods Accepted
• Credit cards
• Personal checks, cashier's checks, or money orders in my local currency
Online Payments Via PayPal
To contact Ellen Sowney by email or phone, please click here.
• Currently Ellen Sowney is a Premium subscriber.
• Ellen Sowney has been active on Voice123 during the past 48 hours