Strong, Commanding, Characters, Narration, etc.
Deep and smooth for narrations, commanding and powerful for promotional/advertising spots, versatile for commercials (from guy next door to sexy and inviting), fluid and smooth for educational and training media, plus several different charactertures as well.
Voice Genders and "Ages" I Can Perform
• Young Adult Male
• Middle Age Male
• Senior Male
Language(s) of Which I Am a Native Speaker:
• English - USA and Canada
I Offer my Services for these Recording Purposes
• IVR, voicemail, phone systems, and on-hold messages
• Training, business presentations, sales, and web sites
• TV shows and movies
• Movie and game trailers
• Adult content
• Others (on-camera, infomercials, live announcers, spokespersons)
Jobs I Am Willing to Take (Union-wise)
• Non-Union Jobs
My Union Affiliations and Memberships
My Recording and Delivery Capabilities
• I can record and then deliver the audio files via Email
• I can record and then upload the audio files via FTP
• I can record and then deliver the files by regular mail
Pre-, Post- and Production Services I Offer
• I offer copywriting services
• I can deliver edited and finished voice tracks
• I offer radio ad production services
• I have a music library and can add music to any project
• I can add special effects to any project
My Home Base
Sacramento, California, United States
Accents, Impersonations, Characters and Dialects
I have experience through 10+ years in stand up comedy and morning show radio to impersonate a wide variety of generalized voice characters, as well as some celebrity and cartoon character voices as well. From Sponge Bob characters, Marvin the Martian and other Warner Bros., to Hank Hill and Beavis and Butthead, variations of these characters jits a wide variety of needs. I am also competent in comedic improvisation voicing as well.
My Voice Experience
Journal Broadcast Group - 1999-2003
Classic Rock, New Rock
Citadel Communications - 2004-2006
Ameristar Casinos, Inc. - 2011-2012
Training Module Narration/Phone Systems/Video Narration
Criminal Justice Commission Training - State of
Washington - 2012
Training Module Narration (50 modules @ 1 hour per module)
Independent Contract Work - 2000-present
Compositive training through the past 10+ years of experience in the media and entertainment industry.
B.A. in Communications
My Studio Equipment
Behringer 4Ch Mixer with digital interface and compression processor
Auralex Iso Box
C214 - Cardioid Studio Condenser Microphone/Pop Filter/Shock Mount
KRK Studio Monitors 5"
Sony Sound Forge 10.0 Studio Pro
Sony Vegas 8.0
I have a "start to finish" skill set from copywriting to voice to post-production. I am motivated, punctual, and ambitious. After 10+ years of working in the voice media business, I feel as excited today as I did the first day when I see the inbox filled with projects. I may live in a small town, but I have big city in my blood when it comes to this profession.
Payment Methods Accepted
• Personal checks, cashier's checks, or money orders in my local currency
To contact Edward Oates by email or phone, please click here.
• Currently Edward Oates is a Standard subscriber.
• Edward Oates was last active on Voice123 38 days ago