deep, warm, smooth, professional, articulate
My voice is typically described as deep, warm and smooth; and I have done everything from TV and radio commercials to narration for documentary TV programs, litigation summary videos and business presentations. I am very articulate and am also a professionally-trained writer so I am particularly good at pronouncing difficult words and using proper grammar.
Voice Genders and "Ages" I Can Perform
• Young Adult Male
• Middle Age Male
• Senior Male
Language(s) of Which I Am a Native Speaker:
• English - USA and Canada
I Offer my Services for these Recording Purposes
• IVR, voicemail, phone systems, and on-hold messages
• Training, business presentations, sales, and web sites
• TV shows and movies
• Movie and game trailers
• Adult content
• Others (on-camera, infomercials, live announcers, spokespersons)
Jobs I Am Willing to Take (Union-wise)
• Non-Union Jobs
• Jobs for SAG-AFTRA (US) signatories
My Union Affiliations and Memberships
My Recording and Delivery Capabilities
• I can record and then deliver the audio files via Email
• I can record and then upload the audio files via FTP
• I can record and then deliver the files by regular mail
Pre-, Post- and Production Services I Offer
• I offer copywriting services
• I can deliver edited and finished voice tracks
• I offer radio ad production services
• I have a music library and can add music to any project
• I can add special effects to any project
My Home Base
, Florida, United States
Accents, Impersonations, Characters and Dialects
I am native-English (American) speaking and have a very nondescript accent. I have not done accents, dialects, impersonations or characterizations thus far, though I am willing to try.
My Voice Experience
I started working in television production (and did my first voice work) more than a couple decades ago while still in college. I started doing narration for the PBS science and technology documentary series I soon became a Producer for and continued doing V/Os for various commercials and non-broadcast videos. I later went to work for a highly-regarded New York Stock Exchange traded financial firm for a decade (up to 2010), where most of my voice work was very niche marketing videos. However, throughout most of those years to date, I also continued doing freelance voice work. I actually spend most of my time nowadays on the combination of stock market investing, along with researching and writing related articles so I am only recently ramping back up the amount of voice work I do.
I earned my B.A., Magna Cum Laude (3.7 GPA), in both Communications and Business Administration from the University of South Florida. I have taken several seminars, but learned most of what I know about voice work from a former employer who I still do some contract work with. I am a member of Phi Kappa Phi Honor Society and Golden Key Honor Society.
My Studio Equipment
Mackie 1202-VLZ Pro
Sony Sound Forge
Adobe Sound Booth
My education, training and experience also include journalism and television production; including many sub-components of each such as graphic design, motion graphics and professional writing.
Payment Methods Accepted
To contact David Johnson by email or phone, please click here.
• Currently David Johnson is a Standard subscriber.
• David Johnson was last active on Voice123 12 days ago