Energetic, Clever, Witty, Animated, Real
Commericals: Young and upbeat; boy-next-door
Videogames: Determined and strong protagonists; brainy and scheming villains
Industrial and Professional VO: Confident, warm, and knowledgeable
Voice Genders and "Ages" I Can Perform
• Young Adult Male
Language(s) of Which I Am a Native Speaker:
• English - USA and Canada
I Offer my Services for these Recording Purposes
• IVR, voicemail, phone systems, and on-hold messages
• Training, business presentations, sales, and web sites
• TV shows and movies
• Movie and game trailers
Jobs I Am Willing to Take (Union-wise)
• Non-Union Jobs
• Jobs for SAG-AFTRA (US) signatories
My Union Affiliations and Memberships
My Recording and Delivery Capabilities
• I will go to any designated studio in my area
• I can record and then deliver the audio files via Email
Pre-, Post- and Production Services I Offer
My Home Base
El Segundo, California, United States
Accents, Impersonations, Characters and Dialects
I speak American, clear and unaccented as a radio announcer of yesteryear. With some provocation, I can throw in overtones of an enthusiastic high-school freshman or a West Valley stoner.
My Voice Experience
My brother-in-law, lovable and crazy fellow that he is, offered me a shot at podcast stardom--a gig providing quips in a variety of tones, ranging from stoic CIA agent to peppy, informative tour guide. In exchange for this opportunity, I regularly provide him with voicemail messages from "The President", who may or may not have had a few drinks.
Degree: B.A. in Multimedia Production
* Commercial training with Dave Walsh (about a year), Leigh Gilbert (about 8 months) and Artt Butler (my first few sessions)
* Graduated from Improv 101 (Upright Citizens Brigade Theater)
* Commercial workshop with Lori Alan
* Animation workshops with Mary Lynn Wissner and Portia Scott-Hicks
* Acting 101 (Moorpark College)
* Piano/keyboard experience (a life-long combination of classes, one-on-one teachers, and self-teaching by ear)
* Occasional performances with friends at sketch comedy workshops/auditions
My Studio Equipment
I have a VO booth consisting of:
* Porta-booth Pro and its affiliated stand
* Apogee Mic (96k)
* iPad Pro / iPhone 6 with Twisted Wave
* Roland FA-06
* Ableton Live 9
My current and previous jobs in the quality assurance industry demand keen eyes and ears; having worked on games, movies, and TV shows, I can pick out the little things that may hamper the end user's experience.
Throughout my life, I've harbored a constant love of games: video, board, card, and any other form you can think of. I'm particularly fascinated by videogames; I've followed their evolution from simple handheld diversions to the elaborate tales they are today.
I delight in having fun and enabling others to smile. I always have, and I always will.
I may not be trained in medicine, but I do what I can to help others with humor. When my little brother couldn't sleep, I would read Calvin and Hobbes to him until I heard snoring. When I and some other kids had to wait at school for our parents to take us home, I would drum up a puppet show using toy animals and a prop volcano (hint: it never went well for the coyote). When a party starts to die down, I'm the first to build a pillow fort.
Payment Methods Accepted
• Personal checks, cashier's checks, or money orders in my local currency
• Wire transfers
To contact David Boyd by email or phone, please click here.
• Currently David Boyd is a Standard subscriber.
David Boyd does not appear to be an active participant of the Voice123 marketplace at this time.
David Boyd was last active on Voice123 more than 365 days ago, OR may not be receiving our email messages.
David Boyd does not appear to be an active participant of the Voice123 marketplace at this time. David Boyd was last active on Voice123 more than 365 days ago, OR may not be receiving our email messages.