warm, sexy, professional, smooth, mysterious
As a trained radio broadcaster, I have to use a smooth and professional voice on air. On stage, I have to project and vary my range and sound depending on the emotion I want to evoke. As a poet, I usually opt for an easier, fun delivery. I am comfortable with British English and Caribbean dialects. My voice has been described as "cosmopolitan."
Voice Genders and "Ages" I Can Perform
• Young Adult Female
• Middle Age Female
• Senior Female
Language(s) of Which I Am a Native Speaker:
• English - Other
• English - Caribbean
I Offer my Services for these Recording Purposes
• IVR, voicemail, phone systems, and on-hold messages
• Training, business presentations, sales, and web sites
• TV shows and movies
• Movie and game trailers
• Others (on-camera, infomercials, live announcers, spokespersons)
Jobs I Am Willing to Take (Union-wise)
• Non-Union Jobs
My Union Affiliations and Memberships
My Recording and Delivery Capabilities
• I will go to any designated studio in my area
• I can record and then deliver the audio files via Email
• I can record and then deliver the files by regular mail
Pre-, Post- and Production Services I Offer
• I offer copywriting services
• I can deliver edited and finished voice tracks
• I offer radio ad production services
• I have a music library and can add music to any project
• I can add special effects to any project
My Home Base
, Brooklyn, Manhattan, Long Island, New Jersey, New York, United States
Accents, Impersonations, Characters and Dialects
British, Caribbean, patois, creolese.
My Voice Experience
In my first broadcasting job-- I was 19 then-- my boss told me that I read the news like it was a love story, so I can definitely do sexy.
When I voiced the message on another boss's answering machine, one of his friends told him that he was often disappointed when his phone was answered by a live person because he so much preferred to hear my voice.
I have often been asked to m.c. events, both formal and informal, and I have done voiceover work for video presentations.
Overall, when it comes to voiceovers, I am adventurous and flexible.
I've had formal voice training for radio; have a Radio & Television Production & Presentation certificate from Center for the Media Arts in New York, and one from Lake Consulting and Training Agencies for Communication and Effective Speaking. I completed a course in stage and voiceover work conducted by actor/performer extraordinaire Sullivan Walker, in New York, and did an intense voiceover course with Charles Michael, well-known voiceover artist, also in New York.
My Studio Equipment
Audobe Audion, JK Audio Remote Mixer for studio and outside broadcasts, Sharp mini disc recorder, headphones,cd player/recorder.
"From Home and Abroad" was a radio program I co-produced and co-presented on Air America WLIB Radio 1190 AM in New York, until a few months ago. I still produce and present radio programs for WBAI 99.5 FM New York. I am a published poet and playwright.
Payment Methods Accepted
• Credit cards
• Personal checks, cashier's checks, or money orders in my local currency
• Personal checks, cashier's checks, or money orders in any currency
To contact Claud Leandro by email or phone, please click here.
• Currently Claud Leandro is a Standard subscriber.
• Claud Leandro was last active on Voice123 289 days ago