The guy next door...that you really like.
Why Nothing Rhymes with Orange? Because you're different - and so is Bill.
Your creative team worked hard to bring your brand to life and Bill works hard to bring a FRESH, NATURAL, and UNEXPECTED read to your script. With every word, his goal is to engage the listener, provoke your desired call-to-action, and help make your message and your brand memorable.
Bill's "guy next door" style, coupled with his improvisational skills, allow him to bring a cast of characters to virtually any voiceover project. Clients have described Bill's voice as ENGAGING, CHEERFUL, VERSATILE, CRISP, and even HANDSOME...whatever that means. :-)
His range of style and delivery are perfect for for retail, automotive, eLearning, internet and explainer videos, video games, or audiobooks. Listen to his demos on the website at: www.NothingRhymesWithOrange.us.
Bill is also a coach for Edge Studio's Investigate Voice Acting classes in Washington, D.C.
Contact Bill at:
Your complete satisfaction is Bill's #1 priority and you will quickly feel like a valued customer at every step of the relationship. When you hire Bill to voice your project, you will have hired a pro who delivers a great performance on-time and with high-quality audio...a total customer service experience.
World Voices Organization, Professional Member
Audio Publishers Association
Association for Talent Development
Voice Genders and "Ages" I Can Perform
• Young Adult Male
• Middle Age Male
• Senior Male
Language(s) of Which I Am a Native Speaker:
• English - USA and Canada
• English - Other
I Offer my Services for these Recording Purposes
• IVR, voicemail, phone systems, and on-hold messages
• Training, business presentations, sales, and web sites
• TV shows and movies
• Movie and game trailers
• Adult content
• Others (on-camera, infomercials, live announcers, spokespersons)
Jobs I Am Willing to Take (Union-wise)
• Non-Union Jobs
My Union Affiliations and Memberships
My Recording and Delivery Capabilities
• I will go to any designated studio in my area
• I have Phone Patch in my studio
• I have Source Connect in my studio
• I can record and then deliver the audio files via Email
• I can record and then upload the audio files via FTP
• I can record and then deliver the files by regular mail
Pre-, Post- and Production Services I Offer
• I offer copywriting services
• I can deliver edited and finished voice tracks
• I offer radio ad production services
• I have a music library and can add music to any project
• I can add special effects to any project
My Home Base
Locust Grove, Virginia, United States
Accents, Impersonations, Characters and Dialects
American General English, wicked good Boston accent, New York/New Jersey wise-guy, and a hard-workin' Oklahoma type guy as well.
My Voice Experience
During his 17-years as an on-air radio personality, Bill voiced thousands of commercials in every category - retail, fashion, automotive, travel, pharmaceutical, furniture, finance, food and beverage, telecom and technology, personal care and luxury goods, and services.
After leaving radio, Bill pursued professional voiceover training to develop his acting and storytelling abilities. He has been a full-time freelance voice actor since January, 2013.
Professional development never ends. Bill continually sharpens his skills by training with the best performance coaches in the industry and regularly attending professional conferences and workshops. A student of improvisational theater, Bill regularly works out with other performers in local and on-line improv workshops.
Bill is an coach for Edge Studio's Investigate Voice Acting classes in Washington, D.C.
He is a Professional member of the World Voices Organization, the Audio Publishers Association, and the Association for Talent Development.
My Studio Equipment
Studio A (Lake of the Woods, VA): 4'x6' isolation booth
Studio C (Cape Cod, MA): 6'x10' soundproof studio
Both studios were designed with broadcast quality acoustics and are equipped with Phone Patch, Source Connect, and Skype connectivity to provide live collaboration tools for clients wishing to direct a session.
* Sennheiser MKH-416
* Neumann TLM-103
* AKG C-214
Preamp/interface: Audient iD22
Uses a Mac platform with the Twisted Wave and Reaper digital audio workstations, and the iZotope RX production suite with Alloy, Nectar, and Ozone for post-production and mastering.
* Solid improvisational skills
* Excellent editing skills
* Five years experience as a tech writer and editor who specialized in assisting small and large businesses enter the federal government contracts market or increase their market share.
Payment Methods Accepted
• Personal checks, cashier's checks, or money orders in my local currency
Online Payments Via PayPal
To contact Bill Lord by email or phone, please click here.
• Currently Bill Lord is a Premium subscriber.
• Bill Lord was last active on Voice123 101 days ago