Deep, wry, knowing, real, character specialist
Intoxicating VO with a Bite
Oren's vocal style has been described as having John Goodman's warmth and authenticity with Jason Alexander's humor and timing. A warm, dry, resonant voice with a a sense of urgency, intelligence and a wry, knowing wink. Authentic, natural guy next door who can easily portray world weariness, new found excitement or a healthy cynicism.
- upbeat and believable for commercials
- questioning and trustworthy for commercials
- Can voice many, many characters for audiobooks, in an engaging, realistic way
- Warm, deep and understanding for narration
- smooth and professional for presentations
Voice Genders and "Ages" I Can Perform
• Young Adult Male
• Middle Age Male
• Senior Male
Language(s) of Which I Am a Native Speaker:
• English - British
• English - USA and Canada
• English - Caribbean
• English - Irish
I Offer my Services for these Recording Purposes
• IVR, voicemail, phone systems, and on-hold messages
• Training, business presentations, sales, and web sites
• TV shows and movies
• Movie and game trailers
• Adult content
• Others (on-camera, infomercials, live announcers, spokespersons)
Jobs I Am Willing to Take (Union-wise)
• Non-Union Jobs
• Jobs for SAG-AFTRA (US) signatories
My Union Affiliations and Memberships
• SAG-AFTRA (US)
My Recording and Delivery Capabilities
• I will go to any designated studio in my area
• I have Phone Patch in my studio
• I can record and then deliver the audio files via Email
• I can record and then upload the audio files via FTP
• I can record and then deliver the files by regular mail
Pre-, Post- and Production Services I Offer
• I offer copywriting services
• I can deliver edited and finished voice tracks
• I have a music library and can add music to any project
• I can add special effects to any project
My Home Base
Los Angeles, California, United States
Accents, Impersonations, Characters and Dialects
neutral US dialect, New York dialect, Brooklyn dialect, Long Island Dialect, Jersey Coast Dialect, Louisiana dialect, Cajun dialect, Texas dialect, North Carolina Dialect, Canadian dialect, British (London, Liverpool, Northern, Midlands) dialect, Irish (Eire and Northern Ireland) dialect, Scottish (Glasgow, Edinburgh) dialect, French, Russian, Israeli, Italian and German accents, Middle-European accent
My Voice Experience
I've been doing voices into a microphone ever since my father got our first cassette recorder with S&H Green Stamps back in the stone age.
Since that start, I've pretty much lived my life behind a microphone, either as a talk radio host, as fake guests on nationally syndicated radio shows like Mancow, Howard Stern, Bob and Tom, as well as hundreds of characters and interviews on smaller station throughout the Northern Hemisphere.
I've done live and prerecorded corporate presentations for: Sony, Anthem Blue Cross, Gameshow Network, Creative Labs, E-Mu, M-Audio, Jaegermeister, Dalume and others.
Commercial VO clients include TVLand, Sony Computer Entertainment, Chloraseptic, Clorox and Taco Bell.
I've worked on numerous video game and animation projects - World Of Warcraft, Grand Theft Auto, Destroy All Monsters, as well a few pilots for Disney animation, and I daily perform a wide variety of characters for my five year old - needing to learn all the voices on whatever the latest cartoon he loves is. I try to steer him towards things like Yogi Bear, Rocky and Bullwinkle and the like - the ones I already know how to do.
I studied acting for theater and worked for the Studio Arena Theater in Buffalo, New York during high school.
I received an Honors degree (BS) in Cellular and Molecular Biology from the University on Michigan. While at Michigan I also studied theater and on-camera acting, as well as improv.
Starting in college, I went on to perform stand-up comedy through the US, Canada, the UK, Mexico and the Caribbean over the next 18 years.
I have studied improv with Second City in Detroit, Acme Theater in LA, The LA Connection in LA and Comedy Sportz in Detroit. For the past five years I have taught both comedic and dramatic improv at the Lee Strasberg Institute in West Hollywood.
My Studio Equipment
I built a studio in my garage, and I am always adding to my microphone/pre-amp equipment closet. I worked for several years as a writer and rep for M-Audio, E-Mu and Creative Labs.
Microphones: M-Audio Sputnik, Shure SM7B, Blue Mouse, Sontronics Saturn, AKG 220, Rode NT-1a, Blue Yeti
Rack Mounted Pre-Amps: Focusrite Liquid Channel, Mindspring En-Voice MxII, Focusrite Voice Strip Pro
Gentner AP400 phone patch
Portable Pre-Amps: M-Box, E-Mu 0404, M-Audio Fast Track Pro, PreSonus TubePre
Behringer Eurorack ub1202 mixer
M-Audio Microtrack II
E-Mu monitors, M-Audio BX-5 monitors
Pro Tools 9, Logic Pro 9, Adobe Audition 5.5, waves complete plug-ins, AudioEase Speaker Phone, Wave Arts Power Suite 5.4, Izotope Suite
Unknown - Click here to ask Oren Stein
Payment Methods Accepted
• Credit cards
• Personal checks, cashier's checks, or money orders in my local currency
Online Payments Via PayPal
To contact Oren Stein by email or phone, please click here.
• Currently Oren Stein is a Premium subscriber.
• Oren Stein was last active on Voice123 43 days ago