Guy Next Door, Conversational, Upbeat and Professional. Projects turned around ASAP, and service with a smile.
My comfortable vocal age range extends from late-teen/twenty-something, to a 40-50 year old adult male. I can add or take away grit and texture as needed, and have a few different types of "conversational", ranging from fun-loving and comedic, to somber and serious, and everything in between. Of course, I also have a top-notch traditional energetic and up-beat announcer's tone, which also spans my listed vocal age range.
I have many variations of my voice. From energetic and up-beat, to deep and warm, to professional and comical, all the way to gritty and grizzled. I have a background in broadcasting and podcasting, so a radio-like tone and delivery is also available.
Voice Genders and "Ages" I Can Perform
• Teenage Boy
• Young Adult Male
• Middle Age Male
• Senior Male
Language(s) of Which I Am a Native Speaker:
• English - USA and Canada
I Offer my Services for these Recording Purposes
• IVR, voicemail, phone systems, and on-hold messages
• Training, business presentations, sales, and web sites
• TV shows and movies
• Movie and game trailers
• Adult content
• Others (on-camera, infomercials, live announcers, spokespersons)
Jobs I Am Willing to Take (Union-wise)
• Non-Union Jobs
• Jobs for SAG-AFTRA (US) signatories
My Union Affiliations and Memberships
My Recording and Delivery Capabilities
• I will go to any designated studio in my area
• I have Phone Patch in my studio
• I have Source Connect in my studio
• I can record and then deliver the audio files via Email
• I can record and then upload the audio files via FTP
• I can record and then deliver the files by regular mail
Pre-, Post- and Production Services I Offer
• I offer copywriting services
• I can deliver edited and finished voice tracks
• I have a music library and can add music to any project
• I can add special effects to any project
My Home Base
Chicago, Illinois, United States
Accents, Impersonations, Characters and Dialects
New York, Chicago, Italian, comically Italian, grizzled Southerner, energetic comedic foil, somber lead, caring friend, concerned, worried, Christopher Walken,
My Voice Experience
Began narrating gaming content on YouTube in 2010-2011 and internet broadcasting (podcasting) in 2009. I have appeared on a wide variety of podcasts where I learned to shape my voice for the moment and deliver any read required by a sponsor.
I have years of practice reading and narrating content, as well as doing live reads or pre-recorded pitches for advertisers and other companies.
Unknown - Click here to ask Jonathan Platek
My Studio Equipment
Neumann TLM 103, Audio Technica AT4040, Electro Voice RE320, DBX 286s Pre-amp/Compressor, Mackie Blackjack 24-bit Interface, Adobe Audition and full Adobe suite of software.
Fast and friendly service, very much willing to communicate on different takes and receive notes, will tailor any and all projects to the wishes of the client.
Payment Methods Accepted
• Personal checks, cashier's checks, or money orders in my local currency
Online Payments Via PayPal
To contact Jonathan Platek by email or phone, please click here.
• Currently Jonathan Platek is a Standard subscriber.
• Jonathan Platek was last active on Voice123 6 days ago