• Tonya Canady is registered with Voice123 since Jun 22, 2009.
• Tonya Canady started his/her voice over career in 2006.
• Currently Tonya Canady is a Standard subscriber.
• Auditions and proposals submitted through Voice123 during the past six months: 0
• Tonya Canady was last active on Voice123 189 days ago
Warm medium hi vocal range with a smooth texture. Early 20s/early 30s/late teens. Real person, corporate, promo, and commercial experience. Extensive acting and music background. TV, film, musical theater, opera (6 different languages), gospel, rhythm and blues, pop and jingles. Character types include comedic, caregiver, and authoritative.
Voice Genders and "Ages" I Can Perform
• Teenage Girl
• Young Adult Female
Language(s) of Which I Am a Native Speaker:
• English - North American
I Offer my Services for these Recording Purposes
• IVR, voicemail, phone systems, and on-hold messages
• Training, business presentations, sales, and web sites
• TV shows and movies
• Movie and game trailers
• Adult content
• Others (on-camera, infomercials, live announcers, spokespersons)
Jobs I Am Willing to Take (Union-wise)
• Non-Union Jobs
My Union Affiliations and Memberships
My Recording and Delivery Capabilities
• I will go to any designated studio in my area
• I have ISDN in my studio
• I have Phone Patch in my studio
• I can record and then deliver the audio files via Email
• I can record and then upload the audio files via FTP
• I can record and then deliver the files by regular mail
Pre-, Post- and Production Services I Offer
• I can deliver edited and finished voice tracks
My Home Base
Brooklyn, New York, United States
Accents, Impersonations, Characters and Dialects
Valley girl, southern accent, Spanish accent (Dominican), Opera singer, etc.
My Voice Experience
Recently completed a 30 second VO spot for Smooth Away Pad which is running nationally. Also, just completed a VO for Celebrity Apprentice which was also on-camera on NBC and can be found on my website (which is my first and last name) under the media tab as well. I worked with Joan Rivers, Jesse James and Clint Black.
BA in Music form Syracuse University. Since opera is from my main degree, I sing in 6 different languages (German, Italian, French, Spanish, Latin, and English).
I am coaching with David Lyerly formerly from Atlas at this time for promos.
I have also studied with Ted Sluberski.
I study on a continual basis at Voiceovers Unlimited and AAA Voice Casting with Dan and Jen duckworth.
My Studio Equipment
I have full access to the studio at AAA Voice Casting.
My home studio consists of Audacity, Gold Diaphragm Condenser microphone MXI 909, and a Mic Port Pro. I can convert files to mp3, wav, and msny other options that Audicity offers.
I study, train and audition weekly in voiceovers, singing, and acting. I am part of a weekly improv troupe. I am very good with difficult medical jargon since being a caregiver has been a part of my life for years. I read music. I sing in belt, legit, or mix. I have also worked in Corporate for 10+ years along with real estate for 7+years so have experience with the language and legal terminology. I have been a cashier, law librarian and salesperson in my past careers.
Payment Methods Accepted
• Personal checks, cashier's checks, or money orders in my local currency
• Personal checks, cashier's checks, or money orders in any currency
• Wire transfers
To contact Tonya Canady by email or phone, please click here.