Conversational, Intelligent, Warm, Mom, Confident
Corporate and long-form narration. Commercial. Medical and science narration. From flat Sigourney style to warm, friendly, enthusiastic mom. Smooth and professional. Engaging educator/expert. Storyteller.
Voice Genders and "Ages" I Can Perform
• Young Adult Female
• Middle Age Female
Language(s) of Which I Am a Native Speaker:
• English - USA and Canada
I Offer my Services for these Recording Purposes
• IVR, voicemail, phone systems, and on-hold messages
• Training, business presentations, sales, and web sites
• TV shows and movies
• Adult content
Jobs I Am Willing to Take (Union-wise)
• Non-Union Jobs
My Union Affiliations and Memberships
My Recording and Delivery Capabilities
• I will go to any designated studio in my area
• I have Phone Patch in my studio
• I can record and then deliver the audio files via Email
• I can record and then upload the audio files via FTP
• I can record and then deliver the files by regular mail
Pre-, Post- and Production Services I Offer
• I offer copywriting services
• I can deliver edited and finished voice tracks
My Home Base
, Maine, United States
Accents, Impersonations, Characters and Dialects
See voice description.
My Voice Experience
My training has focused on narration, audiobook, commercial--and self-direction. My professional home studio, careful ear, and attention to detail allow me to record, edit, and send professional recordings that are engineer and production friendly.
Trained in commercial and narration VO (eLearning, corporate, training, telephony, documentary, medical/pharmaceutical) with Edge Studio, including private coaching with Kristen Price, Randye Kaye, Kristin Thorne, Debra Munro, and David Guzzone.
Private audiobook coaching with Robin Miles, Carol Monda, and Stephen F. McLaughlin.
I have a Bachelor of Science and a Doctor of Veterinary Medicine degree. Strong writing skills.
My Studio Equipment
DAW: Presonus Studio One
Shure KSM32 microphone
Scarlett 2i2 interface
Focusrite ISA One preamp
"Phone patch" via Skype (including playback)
Access to ISDN studio.
I have degrees in science and veterinary medicine. Do you have a script or non-fiction book filled with tough concepts and jargon? Great! I love making tough concepts accessible--to find the story in them--for listeners. When one "finds the story" there's no need for a robotic or "cocktail" voice.
I have strong writing skills and understand plotting, character development, and subtext in fiction as well.
Though not a marketer or advertiser, but I do offer basic copywriting and editing at reasonable rates. Some clients are short on time or appreciate help in editing or creating conversational-sounding scripts. Consider me for help with messages on hold, explainer/training/educational videos, and audio tours.
Additionally, I have some areas of particular interest that help to color and inform my performances in these topics more effectively:
* My love for children and being a mom.
* Science, technology, nature, and medicine
* Management Consulting
* Gourmet cooking
Payment Methods Accepted
• Personal checks, cashier's checks, or money orders in my local currency
To contact Tonia Blake by email or phone, please click here.
• Currently Tonia Blake is a Standard subscriber.
• Tonia Blake was last active on Voice123 338 days ago