Guy next door, friendly, happy, trustworthy, intelligent
My voice is friendly and accessible. The nice guy, the friend you trust. It's pretty upbeat and great for dry, comedic purposes.
For retail spots it's energetic but not overkill. More like an excited friend than an announcer type.
For more serious or intimate spots, my lower volume timbre has a nice warmth to it, giving a sense of calm and confidence.
I'm also good at sounding intelligent and intellectual without sounding condescending.
Voice Genders and "Ages" I Can Perform
• Young Adult Male
• Middle Age Male
Language(s) of Which I Am a Native Speaker:
• English - USA and Canada
I Offer my Services for these Recording Purposes
• IVR, voicemail, phone systems, and on-hold messages
• Training, business presentations, sales, and web sites
• TV shows and movies
• Movie and game trailers
• Adult content
• Others (on-camera, infomercials, live announcers, spokespersons)
Jobs I Am Willing to Take (Union-wise)
• Non-Union Jobs
• Jobs for SAG-AFTRA (US) signatories
My Union Affiliations and Memberships
My Recording and Delivery Capabilities
• I have ISDN in my studio
• I have Phone Patch in my studio
• I can record and then deliver the audio files via Email
• I can record and then upload the audio files via FTP
Pre-, Post- and Production Services I Offer
• I can deliver edited and finished voice tracks
My Home Base
Los Angeles, California, United States
Accents, Impersonations, Characters and Dialects
American Standard English, American Southern English, Australian, RP English
My Voice Experience
I've done voiceover work ranging from bigger projects like Apple and Honda, to smaller projects like 'Handy' Professional Cleaning Service, GripClip, and Seattle Children's Hospital.
Voice over coaching with Dave Walsh of Walsh Voiceover (http://davewalshvo.com/)
Foundations class at Kalmenson & Kalmenson
Extensive Improv training (UCB, Groundings, Stephen Tobolowski, Improv Bootcamp)
Ongoing Acting class with Lesly Kahn
Experienced On-Camera commercial actor
Commercial classes with Killian McHugh and Craig Colvin
B.A. from Amherst College (double major in music and psychology)
Also attended Berklee College of Music for 2.5 years after Amherst, learning recording and performing techniques.
My Studio Equipment
My rig includes:
2014 Mac Pro
Apogee Duet 2
Neumann U87 microphone
Sennheiser MKH 416 microphone
I record in Logic and use Waves and other plugins
I'm easy to work with, professional, and have experience in both the creative arts and the business world (worked a day job for years at an affordable housing lender).
Payment Methods Accepted
• Personal checks, cashier's checks, or money orders in my local currency
• Wire transfers
Online Payments Via PayPal
To contact Tim Blane by email or phone, please click here.
• Currently Tim Blane is a Premium subscriber.
• Tim Blane has been active on Voice123 during the past 48 hours