Versatile, theatre-trained, engaging baritone
• Doug Thornburg is registered with Voice123 since Jan 23, 2006.
• Doug Thornburg started his/her voice over career in 1983.
• Currently Doug Thornburg is a Standard subscriber.
• Auditions and proposals submitted through Voice123 during the past six months: 0
• Doug Thornburg was last active on Voice123 71 days ago
My voice is a deeper, resonant, authoritative baritone in the straight read, can be suggestive and casual in commercial spots, and can be uniquely shaped, because of my training/experience/age, into specific niche characters.
Voice Genders and "Ages" I Can Perform
• Teenage Boy
• Young Adult Male
• Middle Age Male
• Senior Male
Language(s) of Which I Am a Native Speaker:
• English - North American
I Offer my Services for these Recording Purposes
• IVR, voicemail, phone systems, and on-hold messages
• Training, business presentations, sales, and web sites
• TV shows and movies
• Movie and game trailers
• Others (on-camera, infomercials, live announcers, spokespersons)
Jobs I Am Willing to Take (Union-wise)
• Non-Union Jobs
My Union Affiliations and Memberships
My Recording and Delivery Capabilities
• I will go to any designated studio in my area
• I can record and then deliver the audio files via Email
• I can record and then upload the audio files via FTP
• I can record and then deliver the files by regular mail
Pre-, Post- and Production Services I Offer
• I offer copywriting services
• I can deliver edited and finished voice tracks
• I offer radio ad production services
• I have a music library and can add music to any project
• I can add special effects to any project
My Home Base
Bishop, California, United States
Accents, Impersonations, Characters and Dialects
Accents performed have included those of an effete urban Southern Californian teenager, an older hillbilly miner/fisherman, a conversational North American suburban 'Joe,' a Yiddish/Eastern European-Midwestern accountant, and a general British businessman. Dialect training/acquisition can be easily accomplished as necessary/specified using a 'vocal centers' approach.
My Voice Experience
My VO experience began as a college DJ/On-Air personality and production talent, continued as a public affairs talkshow host/producer, and was later refined while recording multi-take studio sessions for larger-market commercials, industrial training videos, and books on tape. These have generally been accompanied by simultaneous vocal work in live theatre, and later on-air and production work for commercial radio. Recent work has included conceiving, scripting, recording, and mixing multi-track small-market radio commercial spots and question prompts for computer-delivered standardized testing. I also read novels aloud, pro bono, for institutionalized retirees.
Undergraduate study included formal/academic speech and vocal production classes, later supplemented by specific voice work in graduate acting studies. Multi-form writing and editorial college study and work has supplemented acting and voice work, including stints reporting business, contracting entertainment feature articles, and proofing/editing mark-up language research documents for MIT Journals. Musical performance experience commenced when I was nine, as vocalist, saxophonist, flutist, banjoist, and hand-percussionist. I have substantial experience tweaking audio and have recently ventured into simple video production.
My Studio Equipment
I use both commercial and open-source software appropriate to the particular situation on a late model multi-monitor Macintosh equipped with a dual core Intel chip. I run both Mac OS X and Ubuntu Studio (Linux), and I can install and run Windows XP to accommodate specific customer needs. I record with either of four inputs routed through a TASCAM digital interface; I have both USB and XLR/phantom powered Samson cardioid multi-pattern condenser microphones, a Shure 'paddle' mic for ambient audio, and I use pre-amplified piezoelectric mylar pick-ups for acoustic instrument applications. I record in a dedicated, acoustically 'neutral' sound-paneled booth.
Recently I've begun designing sound for use in theatre, and just completed the run of my second design.
Payment Methods Accepted
• Personal checks, cashier's checks, or money orders in my local currency
• Personal checks, cashier's checks, or money orders in any currency
• Wire transfers
To contact Doug Thornburg by email or phone, please click here.