Energetic, Dramatic, Soothing & Fresh
• Taryn Duncum is registered with Voice123 since Jul 20, 2009.
• Taryn Duncum started his/her voice over career in 1999.
• Currently Taryn Duncum is a Standard subscriber.
• Auditions and proposals submitted through Voice123 during the past six months: 0
• Taryn Duncum was last active on Voice123 321 days ago
I am comfortable with both upbeat and funky commercial or corporate work. As well as the warm & soothing tones of a narrative
I have a very versatile voice and the ability to accommodate various types of character voices & accents. I am from South Africa, though my accent is not strong, but can easily be turned on or off.
I have a back ground in musical theater so dramatisation comes easily adding flavour where necessary.
Voice Genders and "Ages" I Can Perform
• Young Adult Female
• Middle Age Female
Language(s) of Which I Am a Native Speaker:
• English - South African
• English - Other
I Offer my Services for these Recording Purposes
• IVR, voicemail, phone systems, and on-hold messages
• Training, business presentations, sales, and web sites
• TV shows and movies
• Movie and game trailers
• Others (on-camera, infomercials, live announcers, spokespersons)
Jobs I Am Willing to Take (Union-wise)
• Non-Union Jobs
• Jobs for SAG-AFTRA (US) signatories
My Union Affiliations and Memberships
My Recording and Delivery Capabilities
• I will go to any designated studio in my area
• I have Phone Patch in my studio
• I can record and then deliver the audio files via Email
• I can record and then upload the audio files via FTP
• I can record and then deliver the files by regular mail
Pre-, Post- and Production Services I Offer
• I can deliver edited and finished voice tracks
• I offer radio ad production services
• I have a music library and can add music to any project
• I can add special effects to any project
My Home Base
Leeds, United Kingdom
Accents, Impersonations, Characters and Dialects
South African Accent,
Afrikaans South African Accent,
Rural South African Accent,
Posh English(UK)more comfortable as older woman,
woman, Annoying snobby spoilt teenager (American slant or known as Sandton Coo girl),
Afrikaans language (similar to dutch)
My Voice Experience
My interest as a voice over artist has grown since I started Volunteering at a community radio station ten years ago. (Impact Radio, Pretoria South Africa) I was involved with in house Adverts from our various sponsors varying from carpet repairs to car sales, I later hosted the traffic report and then onto the Afternoon drive show. Having Freelanced as a Speech & Drama Teacher after I completed my Studies in musical theater I have had the opportunity of working on a variety of Projects. From DJ Competition (Schick FM Female DJ Competition hosted by 5fm) where I was successful in making it to the top ten, MC'ing the Karate world championship in 2004 & 2005, I have in the last while done voice over work for podcasts, and various media projects.
National Higher Grade Certificate in Musical Theatre (2 years training)(Covering various styles of performance & Presentation)
Workshop in Radio DJ training through Impact Radio, Pretoria, South Africa.
My Studio Equipment
I have access to a studio with the following facilities as well as a qualified sound engineer who can complete any production work for me:
Carillon custom audio PC
Various Plug-ins including: Waves SSL Bundle, Waves Renaissance Bundle
M-Audio audio interface
Yamaha HS50M Monitors
I am currently freelancing as a Media broadcaster and have connections with & great working relationships with skilled individuals in songwriting, composing, Graphic design, Media & Sound Production.
I am also able to sing if you would like to combine the Voice over with a jingle or musical interlude. My natural voice is an alto with a Jazzy quality, with a strong soprano range. I am comfortable with Musical & Country styles. My voice is prone to characterisation making any style for me easy to sing if needed.
I am a competent writer as well if help with Scripting is needed.
Payment Methods Accepted
• Credit cards
• Personal checks, cashier's checks, or money orders in my local currency
• Wire transfers
To contact Taryn Duncum by email or phone, please click here.