confident, conversational, young hip, friendly
• Shawn Maroney is registered with Voice123 since Oct 19, 2006.
• Shawn Maroney started his/her voice over career in 2005.
• Currently Shawn Maroney is a Premium subscriber.
• Auditions and proposals submitted through Voice123 during the past six months: 55
• Shawn Maroney has been active on Voice123 during the past 48 hours
National male voice for Sears Canada
Shawn sounds like the guy next door... genuine, sincere, believable. He has a unique voice, with a medium pitch and he has just enough confidence. His narration is natural and likeable with a raspy, smooth style. Shawn is quickly becoming quite well known for his youthful, natural and conversational swagger. Definitely upbeat and fun. When matters are closer to the heart Shawn is a passionate, kind, thoughtful soul and makes you feel like he is someone that you can trust. When you hire Shawn, you get a passionate call to action, voice actor. An instructional, engaging, yet motivational professional. Which is ideal for eLearning, online business, corporate presentations, documentaries and commercial campaigns.
Voice Genders and "Ages" I Can Perform
• Young Adult Male
• Middle Age Male
• Senior Male
Language(s) of Which I Am a Native Speaker:
• English - North American
I Offer my Services for these Recording Purposes
• IVR, voicemail, phone systems, and on-hold messages
• Training, business presentations, sales, and web sites
• TV shows and movies
• Movie and game trailers
• Adult content
• Others (on-camera, infomercials, live announcers, spokespersons)
Jobs I Am Willing to Take (Union-wise)
• Non-Union Jobs
My Union Affiliations and Memberships
My Recording and Delivery Capabilities
• I will go to any designated studio in my area
• I have Phone Patch in my studio
• I have Source Connect in my studio
• I can record and then deliver the audio files via Email
• I can record and then upload the audio files via FTP
• I can record and then deliver the files by regular mail
Pre-, Post- and Production Services I Offer
• I offer copywriting services
• I can deliver edited and finished voice tracks
• I offer voice direction services
• I offer radio ad production services
• I have a music library and can add music to any project
• I can add special effects to any project
My Home Base
Toronto, Ontario, Ontario, Canada
Accents, Impersonations, Characters and Dialects
I can speak with several accents including:
Southern American ,New Yorker, Canadian, French, Spanish, East Indian, German, Russian, Scottish, British
I can also perform cartoon character voices.
My Voice Experience
Some projects, I have had the pleasure of being a part of
2013 Sears Canada, ongoing National radio campaign
2012 Cambodian Genocide Exhibit, narration for the Royal Ontario Museum, in Toronto
2012 Fresh with Anna Olsen, described video for 3 seasons, airing nationally, in Canada
2012 "Suddenlink" voiced a character, for an animated television spot, airing in Texas
2012 The Accessible Channel Narrated the movie "A Fish Called Wanda" for the visually impaired.
2012 "Onstage" voiced an online video.
2012 The Accessible Channel Narrated the movie "Real Time" for the visually impaired.
2012 "U Send It" voiced online business video
2012 "Pennzoil Ezlube" voiced 3, 30 sx radio spot. Airing in B.C. Canada
- Children's Playset voiced a character for a children's playset
- GTCC voiced an online video.
- GTCC voiced a 30sx television spot, airing in North Carolina.
- voice for 1 regional television and 1 radio spot "Civil Rights PSA" airing in Michigan.
- voice for a tagline "GE, Imagination At Work" airing in Brazil.
- voice for a multi voice regional radio spot "St. Louis Bar and Grill" airing in Toronto and Southern Ontario
-voice for 2 regional radio spots "Longo's Supermarket" airing in Toronto and GTA
- currently the station imaging voice for "InRetro Radio" an online station
- narration for the Pasofino horse show "Tribute to Profeta De Besilou" a live
event in Miami
- tag line for two regional television commercials for Shasta National
Beverage "Just Married" "Fishing" airing in L.A.
- 3 character voices for a children's audiobook "Animal Kingdom"
- 2 character voices for "PBB" online animation
- 3 character voices for a radioplay called "The Weight Of Information"
- narration for "The Imagine It Project" online video
- 2 characters for a regional television commercial "Professional Hardwood
Flooring" airing in Michigan
- voiced a regional radio commercial "Stoney Creek Highlands Apartment Homes"
airing in South Dakota
- narration for a safety video for "Chevron"
-HOT 103.5 FM
-Morning show producer
-FM 101.1 The Planet
Niagara Falls Canada
- Radio Spots
CJRN 710 AM
Niagara Falls Canada
- On air (Voice Talent)
- September 2010 Created and produced "Voices Of Vision 2010" a 3 day voice acting workshop, with some of the top talent and teachers from across North America.
The show was in Toronto, Canada.
-June 2010 I attended Voice 2010, a 3 day work shop in L.A.
- March 2010, one on one training with Elley-Ray Hennesy
-Nov. 2009, Voiceworx 4 week workshop, with various vo coach's
-April 2009 I trained for two days under the great Don Morrow.
-March 2007 I attended Voice 2007, a 3 day work shop in Las Vegas, Nevada.
-Humber College of Applied Arts & Technology 1993-1995
Diploma in radio broadcasting
My Studio Equipment
The entertainment industry is constantly evolving, and so must the talent. This is one of the reasons I have created a professional recording studio in my home. I find this easier for all parties involved. It allows me to work on projects at any given time.
My studio consists of:
-Mac Pro computer
-Logic Pro 8 software
-Neumann U87 microphone
-Avalon Vt 737sp pre amp
- Akai MPK49 midi keyboard
-Yamaha 80's monitors
-Whisper Room isolation booth
I deliver ready to air, broadcast quality, audio tracks, to all my clients at no extra cost.
It's my way of saying thanks, for choosing my services.
A little history about me
I am a full time professional voice talent and producer.
I am fortunate to have worked with some great clients and, on some great projects.
I have been involved in many aspects of the entertainment industry. My experiences have taken me all throughout North America.
I have a great deal of experience with corporate events, trade shows and extreme sports events.
-For a few years, I was a game show host for NTN .
-I also worked with Global Interactive Events as a game show host.
-Brass Knuckle Therapy, from Toronto, Ontario Canada hired my services to host FMX extreme sports events for the Metal Mullisha,on the"COORS LIGHT Trauma Tour" for audiences as many as 20,000+ people. The tour was held in three cities across Canada.
These events were broadcast on national television on the "Extreme Sports Channel"
Payment Methods Accepted
• Personal checks, cashier's checks, or money orders in my local currency
• Personal checks, cashier's checks, or money orders in any currency
To contact Shawn Maroney by email or phone, please click here.