Rich, mellow. Wide vocal range, accents,characters
I have a naturally deep, rich, mellow voice with a wide vocal range (also a singer with almost a three octave range so able to change the timbre, tone, pitch and character of my voice). Good at visualising and recreating character roles in terms of personality, voice, intonation, manner of speaking and generating atmosphere to create vivid scenarios in the mind of the listener. Capable of learning new accents and reproducing them effectively. With a business background including sales and making presentations, I have the ability to present business information effectively and to provide professional, interesting, and engaging factual and informative information and narratives to retain interest. I also have Diplomas in Radio Production and Journalism gained at the London School of Media which included recording Vox Pops, creating a radio show, documentaries and features. Can use Adobe Audition 2.0 for editing on a basic level so could add simple music or background effects to audio recordings in some cases.
Also able to do silly voices to portray crazy, extreme or unusual characters and I enjoy humour. Can do rap quite well and I am good at on the spot improvisation and have the ability to write dialogue, scripts and song lyrics as well as composing songs which spring forth when I play my acoustic six and 12 string guitars. Can also sing in tune unaccompanied as have a strong voice and a good ear. My voice has earned me a living very successfully when doing telephone sales as people seem to find it engaging, warm, friendly so I can gain trust and build a rapport rapidly. I have been asked out on dates several times after speaking to unknown people on the telephone so sexy or seductive voiceovers could be a possibility.
Voice Genders and "Ages" I Can Perform
• Young Adult Female
• Young Adult Male
• Middle Age Female
• Middle Age Male
• Senior Female
• Senior Male
Language(s) of Which I Am a Native Speaker:
• English - British
I Offer my Services for these Recording Purposes
• IVR, voicemail, phone systems, and on-hold messages
• Training, business presentations, sales, and web sites
• Adult content
Jobs I Am Willing to Take (Union-wise)
• Non-Union Jobs
• Jobs for SAG-AFTRA (US) signatories
My Union Affiliations and Memberships
My Recording and Delivery Capabilities
• I will go to any designated studio in my area
• I can record and then deliver the audio files via Email
• I can record and then deliver the files by regular mail
Pre-, Post- and Production Services I Offer
• I offer copywriting services
• I can deliver edited and finished voice tracks
My Home Base
, United Kingdom
Accents, Impersonations, Characters and Dialects
Unknown - Click here to ask Sharon Henry
My Voice Experience
Non pure voiceover experience yet apart from courses. I have a Certificate in Voiceover technique and production gained through a British company called 'Gravy for the Brain' which provides training. I have always used my voice to good effect throughout my career. It is a powerful tool and is very versatile. I have a natural ability and intuitive sense of how to adapt the way I communicate with people of different ages and backgrounds to build a rapid rapport. People seem to trust me quickly and often pour out their life stories to me but I can also be very assertive and have experience of running professional training courses and of making business presentations which demands the ability to speak powerfully, convey information clearly, and to gain the respect and interest of an audience by gaining and retaining their engagement and participation. I have also sold magazine, newspaper and bus media advertising so I am aware that a good advertisement needs to gain Attention, attract Interest, create Desire and trigger Action. With Radio Advertisements the voice and sound effects have to convey not only the message but the emphasis and intonation will make or break the effectiveness of the advertisement even if the script if wonderful. With TV advertisements there are visual images too but the voice has to work its magic in harmony with the visuals and music.
1. I have completed two courses in Radio Production and Journalism to obtain certificates with the London School of Media, Radio, TV & Drama - 2006 & 2010. The courses included: conducting and recording one to one radio interviews and vox pops (street interviews), Writing and Recording features, documentaries, a radio advertisement, using Adobe Audition to produce our own recordings.
2. A Bi-lingual Secretarial course in German, French and Spanish in 1970 which is valuable in talking with accents. I am not fluent in any of these languages but my accents are quite good.
3. Copywriting for advertising and marketing agencies for brochures, advertisements, business articles and correspondence.
4. Two courses with 'Gravy for the Brain' Voiceover Training in 2014 which covered equipment needed to record at home in own studio to high enough quality, recording demo clips, producing some demo clips portraying different characters with different accents, how to warm up and prepare the voice for recording, recording techniques including avoiding pops etc., how to market yourself, producing demo clips and recordings to meet a specific brief, how to get into character etc. Some on-line and some day courses. Still on-going.
10. Attended weekly training in 2013 with local community radio station in Milton Keynes, UK called Secklow Sounds. Taught how to operate a mixing desk and slot in jingles, songs, interviews and announcements; how to devise, create and produce our own radio programmes to broadcast on a weekly basis, studio recording techniques etc. Was told that I was particularly good at devising interesting ideas for programme content as well as conducting interviews.
My Studio Equipment
SHOULD BE ABLE TO USE THE SECKLOW SOUNDS RADIO STUDIO TO RECORD SPECIFIC DEMOS FOR PROJECTS UNTIL I HAVE UP-GRADED MY OWN EQUIPMENT. ALSO HAVE A FRIEND WITH A RECORDING STUDIO.
1. A small mixing desk.
2. A Shure SM58 microphone.
4. Adobe Audition 2.0 Software.
6. Samsung Galaxy 5.0 Android smartphone with recording app. Hi-Q MP3 Recorder.
Getting more high spec. equipment suitable for recording voiceovers and a sound-proof booth to record to the quality required.
I have always enjoyed speaking in different accents since I was a child as my father and his family were past masters at it. We all often break into different accents now. When I spent a year in Australia I picked up the intonation without realising it and some people thought I was Australian when I returned to the UK. I pick up accents quickly and could probably learn or sharpen up on one rapidly by listening. There are good on-line U-Tube videos which can be good for practising and perfecting authentic accents.
Other Relevant Experience:
1. Attended weekly drama and singing classes (including jazz, ballads, pop, rock, country and opera) which improves range and control of the voice, breathing, and expression) when in teens and 20's. Also taught by an opera singer when in primary school. Frequently given lead singing and solo parts. Enjoy singing solo and a good vocal harmoniser and improviser.
2. Amateur Dramatics - often given character parts requiring accents requiring the ability to get into a different persona.
3. Performing Music on Stage including playing my guitar and singing my own songs. Selected two years running to perform in the London Songwriters Showcase twice (British Academy of Songwriters, Composers and Authors - BASCA).
6. An Environmental Studies Diploma Course in 1990 at Eltham College in London. Not afraid of handling scientific or environmental scripts. My interests are diverse so happy to tackle anything.
7. Good at writing poems, rhymes serious and silly, and thoroughly enjoy creative and professional writing. Intend to write a radio play in the future as good at creating dialogue.
8. Have designed and script written copy for advertisements in the past
Payment Methods Accepted
• Wire transfers
To contact Sharon Henry by email or phone, please click here.
• Currently Sharon Henry is a Standard subscriber.
• Sharon Henry was last active on Voice123 277 days ago