EXTREME VERSATILITY: Deliveries From Wild To Mild!
New York City-based Scott Gentle is the voice of choice when your project needs versatility: unlike some talents that have only a single "niche" or "signature" voice they're known for, he's literally a vocal chameleon that can change his colors on the spot. Scott has lent his voice to projects for everything from run-of-the-mill local and national radio and TV spots, TV news promos, viral web videos, political spots, military documentaries, trailers for everyone from ventriloquists to Scandinavian snowboarders, a dead-on imitation of the intro to the classic "A-Team" TV series, and much, much more.
A few examples of current and recent projects:
* Scott provided a multitude of voice styles of as the male host of Party City's Halloween Fashion show, which received massive exposure via PartyCity, YouTube, and Facebook; the wide range of styles he delivered each complemented the various videos for Boys Scary, Boys Superhero, Men's Scary, and Men's Funny, and 60s & 70's Couples costume lines.
* Scott's deep-toned, rough-n-ready spin on a Sam Elliott-esque cowboy poet character has been well received and quickly adopted by a wide and ever-growing range of clients, including cable sports networks, a major Texas rodeo, a heritage San Antonio flour mill/baking product conglomerate, and a company that makes deer attractants, amongst others. Even more interestingly, he can do variations on this by amping up or completely deleting accent, vocal pitch, attitude, and blending in other characters and regionalisms - sometimes from other continents!
* Scott's cheerful, family-friendly 30/40-something delivery can be heard across the US on the Speed Network and other regional sports networks as the tag voice on the new "All At The Hall" TV campaign for the NASCAR Hall Of Fame.
* Scott's straightforward business-oriented, middle-aged narration promoting "The Investment Rate" can be heard on the Stock Traders Daily homepage; the same web video also appears on many other sites thanks to the magic of GoogleTV.
* Scott's youthful late-teen/early 20s side was spotlighted on the Teen Nick network, co-promoting the national kickoff of Madonna's "Material Girl" fashion line at iconic department store Macy's during their Back To School campaign, as well as on the Material Girl website.
* Scott went wild in the role of "Captain Kablooey", a highly pyromanic drill sergeant animated character seen and experienced by hundreds of thousands of online gaming enthusiasts over the US and Canadian Independence Day holidays on Sony Playstation Home.
* Been south of the border recently? You might have caught Scott waxing philosophically in Spanish in four radio spots for the Big Bola Casino chain in northeastern Mexico (for which Scott gives a "¡Muchas Gracias más enorme!" to Señora Valdes for insisting he sit up front in Spanish class in high school...).
* If you've seen a spot for NFL RedZone on Dish Network on TV - or popping up on YouTube or other sites before your video played - then you've heard Scott quickly firing off their hard-hitting end tags.
* Scott's been heard across Canada all year, using a myriad of different voice styles from province to province:
- currently helping promote the new season of Great White Northern-ness with 3 edgy and upbeat TV ads for Whistler Blackcomb Ski Resort in Vancouver
- as the warm Jeff-Bridges-meets-Tom-Selleck broker character doing the reminiscing in NED Insurance's ongoing radio campaign in Ontario
- was the friendly/sexy tag guy for the latest TV campaign for Tourism Saskatoon in Saskatchewan
- provided the slamming voice of the TV and web campaigns for ZR Auto's recent "Race The Base" exotic auto expo in Alberta
* On a related note, Scott was the voice of the "Get Vancouvered" 2010 Winter Olympics TV and radio campaigns for Charter Communications, the 3rd largest cable TV provider in the US.
* Also earlier in the year, a variant of Scott's Bridges/Selleck-esque character was chosen as the announcer for Lawrence Medical Center's "Low Dose At Lawrence" radio campaign in NYC.
* Scott was also honored to perform a reverently intense classic promo/trailer read for "Stars and Stripes: Heroes" on the US Armed Forces Radio and TV Network.
* Point your browser to OPENApps , and check out their intro video - that's Scott doing the talking in a younger, hipper tone aimed right at the geektacular/techie crowd.
Scott grew up in a wide variety of places, has met and lived with a vast array of people from many cultures and walks of life, and is on a never-ending quest to learn, see, and experience more - all of which naturally and proudly comes out in his work.
Audio for many of the above projects can be found by going to the Demos section, or will be online soon - please be sure to check them out!
Voice Genders and "Ages" I Can Perform
• Young Adult Male
• Middle Age Male
• Senior Male
Language(s) of Which I Am a Native Speaker:
• English - USA and Canada
• English - Other
• Spanish - Other
I Offer my Services for these Recording Purposes
• IVR, voicemail, phone systems, and on-hold messages
• Training, business presentations, sales, and web sites
• TV shows and movies
• Movie and game trailers
• Adult content
• Others (on-camera, infomercials, live announcers, spokespersons)
Jobs I Am Willing to Take (Union-wise)
• Non-Union Jobs
• Jobs for SAG-AFTRA (US) signatories
My Union Affiliations and Memberships
My Recording and Delivery Capabilities
• I will go to any designated studio in my area
• I have ISDN in my studio
• I have Phone Patch in my studio
• I have Source Connect in my studio
• I can record and then deliver the audio files via Email
• I can record and then upload the audio files via FTP
• I can record and then deliver the files by regular mail
• I have ipDTL in my studio
Pre-, Post- and Production Services I Offer
• I can deliver edited and finished voice tracks
• I offer radio ad production services
• I have a music library and can add music to any project
• I can add special effects to any project
My Home Base
, New York, United States
Accents, Impersonations, Characters and Dialects
Midwestern US, Southern US, Southeastern US, Western US, Texan, Cowboy, Pioneer, Rancher, Farmer, Country, Redneck, Biker, Tough, Blue Collar, Blue-Collar, Bluecollar, Folksy, Drill Sergeant, Drill Instructor, Military, Officer, Enlisted, Hipster, Hip, Cool, Laid Back, Bored, Too Hip For The Room, Generation X, Generation Y, GenX, GenY, Gen X, Gen Y, Intense, Crazed, Manic, Hyper, Fast talker, Speed talker, Fast-talking, FedEx guy, Fed Ex guy, Mobster, Villain, Film Noir Anti-Hero / Detective / Private Investigator, Lunkhead, Dunderhead, Dummy, Stupid, Idiot, Village Idiot, Buffoon, Clown, New Yorker, Irish, Scottish, Indian, Russian, Jewish/Yiddish, Australian/New Zealand, British, Sam Elliott, Sam Elliot, Sam Eliot, Sam Eliott, Jeff Bridges, Matthew McConaughey, Bryan Cranston, Brian Cranston, Mike Rowe, Harvey Fierstein
My Voice Experience
(10+ years in audio software testing and development)
(20+ years behind the microphone)
And lots more!
(Lifetime audiophile / studio gearhead / musician wanna-be)
(see above - experience is the best teacher)
Plenty of schools, a university - and a rather colorful life.
Private VO Instruction:
- Animation/Trailer workshop with Joe Cipriano
- Imaging/Promo/Trailer workshop with Marice Tobias and Marc Guss
- Speaking of Voiceover and Animation workshops with Bob Bergen
- Creating Characters workshop Pat Fraley
- Voice Actors of New York workshop with Sandy Ames, Jamie Lee, and Keith Mannino
- Upright Citizen's Brigade Theatre NYC Improv Program Graduate
My Studio Equipment
- Whisper Room MDL4848S + additional Sonex Classic soundproofing
- CAD VX2 (tube), M9 (tube), M177, M179, M37, M39
- Sennheiser MKH 416T-F, MKH 815 (short and long shotguns)
- Neumann TLM 102
- Audio-Technica AT4040
- Carvin CTM100 (tube, modified AKG C12 clone)
- Nady TCM1150 (tube, modified AKG C12 clone)
- Avalon 737sm Mercenary Audio Edition (tube)
- Focusrite Platinum VoiceMaster Pro + ADC digital output converter
- dbx 286A
- Echo AudioFire Pre8
- CEntrance MicPort Pro (mobile system)
- Logic Studio Pro v9
- iZotope RX2
- JBL LSR4326P
- Technivorm Clementdesign Moccamaster 741KB
In addition to straight voiceover, Scott offers the following services and beyond for jobs of all sizes from private individuals to midsize companies to multinational corporations:
- Fully produced broadcast spots/promos
- Audio editing
- Consultation on music direction and brand/product imaging
- Sound design / analysis / warpage / deconstruction
Payment Methods Accepted
• Credit cards
• Wire transfers
Online Payments Via PayPal
To contact Scott Gentle by email or phone, please click here.
• Currently Scott Gentle is a Premium subscriber.
• Scott Gentle has been active on Voice123 during the past 48 hours