Resonant, Deep, Sophisticated and Exciting
My voice is deep, warm and authoritative. It is also very adaptive to the needs of the client -- capable of evoking a wide-range of sentiments.
Voice Genders and "Ages" I Can Perform
• Young Adult Male
• Middle Age Male
• Senior Male
Language(s) of Which I Am a Native Speaker:
• English - USA and Canada
I Offer my Services for these Recording Purposes
• IVR, voicemail, phone systems, and on-hold messages
• Training, business presentations, sales, and web sites
• TV shows and movies
• Movie and game trailers
• Adult content
• Others (on-camera, infomercials, live announcers, spokespersons)
Jobs I Am Willing to Take (Union-wise)
• Non-Union Jobs
My Union Affiliations and Memberships
My Recording and Delivery Capabilities
• I will go to any designated studio in my area
• I can record and then deliver the audio files via Email
Pre-, Post- and Production Services I Offer
• I have a music library and can add music to any project
• I can add special effects to any project
My Home Base
Los Angeles, California, United States
Accents, Impersonations, Characters and Dialects
Neutral Newscaster, African-American Distinctive, Sensual Narration, Enthusiast "Hype Man": Concerts, Sports, Sales events etc., Documentary Narrator, Historian and Music Commentator.
My Voice Experience
*Disc Jockey, Radio Host WIRQ, Irondequoit High School
*Performing Music Artist, Radiance Band
* Narrator, UCLA Bunche Center Promotional Video, Research Project "Black Los Angeles."
* Disc Jockey, Radio Host, UCLA Radio Show, "Funk History"
* On Camera Historian and Commentator, Prize-Winning Documentary Film: "The Black Candle: A Kwanzaa Celebration."
* On Camera Historian and Commentator, Prize-Winning Documentary Film: "41st and Central: The Untold Story of the L.A. Black Panthers."
* On Camera Commentator, Music Historian TV ONE Television Documentary Series "Unsung": The Ohio Players, Heatwave, The Spinners and Midnight Star.
* On Camera Commentator, Music Historian VH1 Documentary (Rock Docs), "Finding the Funk. (November 2013)"
* Guest Radio Appearances: KPFK (Los Angeles), WFRG (Atlanta, GA), KISS FM (New York, NY)
* Ph.D. History (American), Cornell University. (August 1999)
* Master of Arts, History (American), Cornell University (January 1997)
* Master of Professional Studies, African and Afro-American Studies. Cornell University. (May 1993)
* Bachelor of Arts, History. (Minor: French) University of Rochester, (May 1989)
I am also an author of the pioneering book, "Fighting For Us"-- a study of cultural nationalism and the Black Power movement during the 1960s and 70s. I've done hundreds of lectures nationally and internationally on popular culture, African American history and social movements.
My Studio Equipment
Garage Band, Mac Computer, Digital Enhancement software.
*Ability to Improvise Scripts and Dialogue when Needed
*Music Composer: Can Write and Produce Music for Voice Over Projects.
*Subject Matter Expertise: History, Music and Popular Culture
Payment Methods Accepted
• Personal checks, cashier's checks, or money orders in my local currency
To contact Scot Brown, Ph.D. by email or phone, please click here.
• Currently Scot Brown, Ph.D. is a Standard subscriber.
• Scot Brown, Ph.D. was last active on Voice123 12 days ago