Energetic, Wry, Offbeat, Authoritative
• Ryan Gatenby is registered with Voice123 since Feb 24, 2010.
• Ryan Gatenby started his/her voice over career in 1993.
• Currently Ryan Gatenby is a Standard subscriber.
• Auditions and proposals submitted through Voice123 during the past six months: 0
• Ryan Gatenby was last active on Voice123 242 days ago
Strong, deep and authoritative for narrations;
Friendly and upbeat for presentations;
Funny and sarcastic for comedic projects
Voice Genders and "Ages" I Can Perform
• Young Adult Male
• Middle Age Male
Language(s) of Which I Am a Native Speaker:
• English - North American
I Offer my Services for these Recording Purposes
• IVR, voicemail, phone systems, and on-hold messages
• TV shows and movies
• Movie and game trailers
• Others (on-camera, infomercials, live announcers, spokespersons)
Jobs I Am Willing to Take (Union-wise)
• Non-Union Jobs
My Union Affiliations and Memberships
My Recording and Delivery Capabilities
• I can record and then deliver the audio files via Email
• I can record and then upload the audio files via FTP
Pre-, Post- and Production Services I Offer
• I offer copywriting services
• I can deliver edited and finished voice tracks
My Home Base
Chicago, Illinois, United States
Accents, Impersonations, Characters and Dialects
Canadian accent, Wisconsin accent, Hardline Announcer, Deep Voice Guy, Puke-y DJ, Wacky DJ, Chicago accent, Tough guy, Wise guy, Top 40 DJ, Classic Rock DJ
My Voice Experience
I worked in professional radio for 10 years, hosting a morning show and voicing thousands of commercials, promos, and public service announcements.
In 1999 I won the Illinois Broadcasters Association Silver Dome Award for Outstanding Achievement in Broadcasting.
Bachelor of Arts in Speech Communication - North Central College, 1993
1993-1994 WIIZ-FM Lafayette, IN
1994-1995 WAZY-FM Lafayette, IN
1995-1999 WDEK-FM DeKalb, IL
1999-2000 WQCY-FM Quincy, IL
2000-2002 WIFC-FM Wausau, WI
2004-2006 Recording for the Blind - Naperville, IL
2009-2010 Transistor Radio Chicago, IL
My Studio Equipment
Logic, Garageband, Audacity, T-Racks 3 for mastering
Classik Studio Reverb, Zoom HD-16 multitrack recorder,
I have been recording bands and musical artists for over 10 years.
I spent two years at Recording for the Blind & Dyslexic, guiding volunteer readers and producing and editing audiobooks for distribution to clients.
Currently I am writing, producing and hosting a bimonthly comedy podcast on Transistor Radio based in Chicago.
Payment Methods Accepted
• Personal checks, cashier's checks, or money orders in my local currency
To contact Ryan Gatenby by email or phone, please click here.