mystery, horror, drama, characterizations, humour
I have a tenor voice, but a deep tenor voice that sounds like a base or baritone when I want it too. My voice is very flexible it can go from deep dramatic, to a portrayal of the confident idiot. I can do high voice in such a way as to make it very scary indeed, or high and excitable in a humorous, or warmly humorous fashion. I can make my voice sexy, bubbly. I can portray anger either serious or comic. My academic background enables me to do voice overs portray matter of fact facts. In such cases I sound very convincing, the listener gets the impression of an objective water tight argument that settles the matter for everyone. I can do voice overs that are reflective, give the impression of inspired thought, brilliant thought. I can do voice overs of the timid nice guy, not dumb, but lacking confidence, absent minded, smart but forgetful, thinking of the wrong thing at the wrong time. I can do a convincing English accent,or the accent of a western cowboy or southern accent. I can do voice overs that sound very authentic, very conversational.
Voice Genders and "Ages" I Can Perform
• Young Adult Male
• Middle Age Male
• Senior Male
Language(s) of Which I Am a Native Speaker:
• English - USA and Canada
I Offer my Services for these Recording Purposes
• IVR, voicemail, phone systems, and on-hold messages
• Training, business presentations, sales, and web sites
• TV shows and movies
• Movie and game trailers
• Others (on-camera, infomercials, live announcers, spokespersons)
Jobs I Am Willing to Take (Union-wise)
• Non-Union Jobs
• Jobs for SAG-AFTRA (US) signatories
My Union Affiliations and Memberships
My Recording and Delivery Capabilities
• I will go to any designated studio in my area
• I can record and then deliver the audio files via Email
• I can record and then upload the audio files via FTP
• I can record and then deliver the files by regular mail
Pre-, Post- and Production Services I Offer
• I can deliver edited and finished voice tracks
• I offer radio ad production services
• I have a music library and can add music to any project
• I can add special effects to any project
My Home Base
, Alberta, Canada
Accents, Impersonations, Characters and Dialects
I do a voice of a high scruffy vulture who transforms from scavenger to brave and courageous hero who fights against evil, a brave little wisecracking weeasel, an evil cornworm with a very high and eerie voice that instantly triggers terror in the heart of the listener, a thunderous noble voice of a great eagle, immitation of a snake called "lengthy mouth" where the speaker always overdoes the sentence, saying time and again - "on second thought"
I can use my singing voice to do either characterizations:
Shakespeare, the idiot, the ever confident self assured bungler.
My Voice Experience
This is my first kick at the can at doing voice overs. I am a newby just starting to learn the ropes. Wish I had known about earlier. But as far as my experience is concerned, that's a different matter. Even when I was very young I had a talent for dramatic recitations. On my own I used to practice reading all kinds of stories and poetry. When I read children's stories they listen intent for hours. This is because I can read such stories in such a way as to make them feel like I am just talking to them in the same way I always do. This makes what I read very believable. I have five or six short stories of my own that never fail to keep the attention of children and even adults.
On top of a love for reading aloud and reciting aloud, I have acted in many musicals and theatre production, as well as doing extensive public speaking across Canada. When I recite comedy or serious pieces the audience listens intently and greets the end of the piece with resounding applause.
Cover Letter and Resume Related to Theatre and Cinema
From: Dr. Ron Galloway
To: Whoever is considering me:
Greetings. I am now a healthy 63 years of age. As a child I was already singing solos in public. In my teens I was about to apply to what was called The Calgary Safety Patrol Show. Here children would sing, dance and promote safety on the air. Alas, just when I was going to audition, my voice started to change. At twenty I found myself with an untrained tenor voice.
Approximately four years later, Jim Wilkinson, my voice teacher (a well known singer of opera and sacred music who, for family reasons, turned down an offer from the Met) told me I had one of the best voices in Canada, or was that Western Canada? He therefore advised me to sing as many places and as often as possible.
In Crescent Heights High School, Grant Reddick was my drama instructor, as he later was again at the U of C. He chose me for the lead in the schools production of the Matchmaker. He said, the only person he had seen perform the role better, was Walter Matheau. Before becoming a High School drama teacher Reddick had acted in Stratford and toured with Laurence Olivier. Grant talked to me about studying acting in Europe after high school graduation. I had already chosen a different direction, hence my doctoral degree in religion and philosophy. But through the years, as my resume will show, I took many a delightful plunge into the world of singing and acting.
On moving to Nelson BC at forty six, Adel Kaskas a former European Opera Star was prepared to put me in touch with Placido Domingo and other people of influence in the opera world. While I often regret not taking her up on the offer, I was a Newly Wed who had planned to settle in Nelson. While in Nelson Adel chose me for a variety of leads and supporting roles. My favorite lead role was in the Opera Cabelero Rusticana. My favorite paid lead role was in the Nelson Centenial Show which required all lead performers to be able to both sing and act. Fortunately for me , dance was not a requirement.
After five or six years taking part in Nelson productions, I ended up back in Calgary, the place of my birth. Since coming here, my acting has gone into hibernation. As for singing, I have enjoyed many standing ovations at Karaoke Bars, (admittedly a dubious honor, especially after eleven PM). I have made a livelihood as a voice teacher at two different Calgary Studios, and as a Private Tutor teaching mostly ancient languages such as Hebrew, Greek, and Latin. Yesterday it finally occurred to me to Google Calgary Auditions, hence the reason for this letter and the resume to follow.
I am hoping that my five year absence from theatre, and Cinema will find an end, and that I will secure a paid acting or singing position, or failing this, a place of employment related to either singing or acting.
Resume on the next page.
Theatre and Cinema Resume
- High School Drama Grades 9-12. Viscount Bennet and Crescent Heights.
- Crescent Heights: Lead role in the Matchmaker, title role in the Mikado.
- Slave trader in a college doing a tour spanning Illinois, Indiana and various other states. The play was called Onesimus.
- Lead Role in the late seventies at the Jubilee Auditorium, The Easter Parade.
- Lead roles in the late seventies, weekly skits in various community settings.
- Acting classes at the U of C under Grant Reddick in the early eighties.
- Acting and singing roles in Nelson BC in the early ninetys’: Lead roles. Cabalero Rusticana – the avenging husband. King Campbell a children’s Pantomime. Nelson Centenial: a paid production including acting and singing numbers. Singing and chorus roles in The Merry Widow, La Boehme, The Magic Flute.
- In 2007 lead role in a Biblical Drama featuring a dialogue between Judas and Peter after the death of Jesus on the Cross.
- In 2008 one of the lead roles in a satire on Hamlet in a community production.
Directing and Script Writing History
- Straight Directing: College play in Calgary (Alberta Bible College) in the late sixties entitled No Exit.
- Drama director in the late sixties for three summers at Camp He Ho Ha, a camp for handicapped children and adults, as well a camp for diabetics.
- Wrote and directed a community Christmas Play in Nelson BC in the late nineties.
- Directed an acting class in a community setting in the late nineties.
- Wrote the scripts and directed short community skits on biblical stories, Joseph, Joshua and The Spies, the Book of Job.
- Wrote a full length script based on my translation of the Book of Job, as well as another full length script in the story that brings in the area of comparative religions.
- Another full length play entitled Christopher Kosmos Space Explorer.
Present Employment: Voice Teacher with Music Makers Studio, as well as Custom Music studio. Private Tutor and Instructor all ages kindergarten to university. Specialty: teaching ancient languages such as Hebrew, Greek, and Latin.
- Winning Debater, winner of a speech contest scholarship in the early sixties, winner of an award for the highest average in Western Studies at the U. Of C. , winner at various singing festivals in Nelson BC in the adult division. Author of a book to be published in the fall of 2010 in the area of Religion and Philosophy.
Talents: Writer, Singer, Actor, Poet, Public Speaker, Academic, Teacher, Professor.
-THD (PHD equivalent) in religion and Philosophy. University of South Africa.
-MA in Psychology: Lincoln Christian Seminary.
-Masters of Divinity in Religion and Philosophy: Lincoln Christian Seminary
-BA University of Calgary in religious studies with a minor in Classical Greek.
- All requirements for a Masters Degree in Classical Hebrew from the U of C. were completed. Only the thesis remained. I simply omitted the thesis and went right into the Doctoral Program. After all I had already done a Masters Thesis.
-Bachelor of Sacred Literature: Alberta Bible College.
Acting and Singing References:
Grant Reddick (no idea where he is now)
Adel Kaskas: Last I heard she had moved to Kelowna, could not locate her either.
Dorothy Wilkinson, Jim Wilkinson passed away many years ago. I have no idea of her location either if she is still alive.
Jessie Mercer: Director of the community plays held at Woodgreen Presbyterian Church.
Tori Stiles: a singer with the Canadian Youth Singers, young but very talented young lady, a singer, actor, dancer. She knows me primarily as a singer and as her own voice teacher though not officially. Phone 403-681-6901, email@example.com
Dr. Veldsman: University of Calgary my doctoral advisor. : VELDSDP@unisa.ac.za
Irving Hexham – University of Calgary my friend, referee, and former professor. Phone 403-241-1059 firstname.lastname@example.org
My Studio Equipment
Right now I am using Audacity backed by a microphone and speakers. My internet access enables me to transfer voice files to any e-mail address. My studio is located in an area that allow for freedom from noise and sounds that could affect the recording.
Audacity is equipped with editing tools enabling me to send a polished product once I learn more about what this involves.
My prime skill is in the area of acting. I am a voice coach and trainer with many years of experience in theatre of all kinds, comedy, musicals, opera, and serious drama. Beyond this I am a veteran public speaker
with a talent for oral reading and recitation, children's stories, serious drama, comedy pieces, english and southern imitations are among my specialties.
I am especially good at mysterios, scary, voices, as well as authoritative sounding narattions, and readings with a profound sense of drama seasoned with persuasion.
Payment Methods Accepted
• Credit cards
• Personal checks, cashier's checks, or money orders in my local currency
• Wire transfers
To contact Ron Galloway by email or phone, please click here.
• Currently Ron Galloway is a Standard subscriber.
Ron Galloway does not appear to be an active participant of the Voice123 marketplace at this time.
Ron Galloway was last active on Voice123 more than 365 days ago, OR may not be receiving our email messages.
Ron Galloway does not appear to be an active participant of the Voice123 marketplace at this time. Ron Galloway was last active on Voice123 more than 365 days ago, OR may not be receiving our email messages.