Strong,conversational, believable, soft and smooth
• Rick Sykes is registered with Voice123 since Nov 19, 2007.
• Rick Sykes started his/her voice over career in 1985.
• Currently Rick Sykes is a Standard subscriber.
• Auditions and proposals submitted through Voice123 during the past six months: 0
• Rick Sykes was last active on Voice123 5 days ago
Rick's voice is very versatile, ranging from smooth and professional to warm and friendly. Rick is not a screamer, shouter, or growler, so if hard sell is what you're looking for, he is not your man. He specializes in soft sell and medium sell commercials only.
He can project a great smile with his voice as well as be friendly or authoritative. Because of his business background and his ability to relate to the clients goals, objectives and needs, Rick specializes in corporate training, infomercials, and marketing videos.
Rick has extensive on-air broadcast experience doing live radio commercials, plus live on-camera newscasts, promos and pre-recorded on-camera television commercials.
Voice Genders and "Ages" I Can Perform
• Young Adult Male
• Middle Age Male
• Senior Male
Language(s) of Which I Am a Native Speaker:
• English - North American
I Offer my Services for these Recording Purposes
• IVR, voicemail, phone systems, and on-hold messages
• Training, business presentations, sales, and web sites
• TV shows and movies
• Movie and game trailers
• Others (on-camera, infomercials, live announcers, spokespersons)
Jobs I Am Willing to Take (Union-wise)
• Non-Union Jobs
My Union Affiliations and Memberships
My Recording and Delivery Capabilities
• I will go to any designated studio in my area
• I can record and then deliver the audio files via Email
• I can record and then upload the audio files via FTP
• I can record and then deliver the files by regular mail
Pre-, Post- and Production Services I Offer
• I offer copywriting services
• I can deliver edited and finished voice tracks
• I offer voice direction services
• I offer radio ad production services
• I have a music library and can add music to any project
• I can add special effects to any project
My Home Base
Augusta, Georgia, Atlanta, Georgia, Columbia, SC, Georgia, United States
Accents, Impersonations, Characters and Dialects
Accent neutral, Light Southern, Soft Sell, Medium Sell, Subject matter expert, Professional presenter, trainer/instructor, announcer, and some character voices.
My Voice Experience
Rick has over 20 years experience in radio and television including seven years as an on-air radio personality, working as a disc jockey, voice over talent, and newscaster. Rick also has more than 15 years live on air experience as a television news anchor/reporter and producer. He has extensive experience as live on camera talent and voice over talent for radio and television commercials and promotions. He is also very experienced as a voice over talent and on camera talent for corporate marketing and training videos.
National broadcasting school graduate followed by more than 20 years on-air experience in radio and television.
Graduated from Augusta State University with a major in Business and a minor in Communications.
My Studio Equipment
Professional studio - SOUND CRAFTER, INC.
Rode NT1-A & Marshall MXL 2006 microphones; Pop-less Voice Pop Filters - Edirol UA-25EX analog to digital Interface - Sony Sound Forge Audio Studio software - Sony CINESCORE (royalty free) music library and soundtrack generating software. CINESCORE can generate an unlimited number of fully orchestrated compositions that create tens of thousands royalty- free music beds for voice overs and commercials. - Sennheiser HD 280 Pro Headphones - DELL Dimension 4600 computer with a 1TB Seagate Free-agent External hard drive and 2g RAM - M-Audio Deluxe Studiophile Studio Monitors.
No ISDN or phone patch at this point, but will have as soon as practical.
Rick's work is 100% satisfaction guaranteed. With each client, his goal is to produce a final audio track that equals or exceeds his client's expectations.
Rick will make desired changes and updates, within a reasonable period of time, at no additional cost.
Rick is a college graduate with a degree in Business and Communications. He has owned and operated several businesses himself, including an international, 57,000 member, equine sport association. His education and business experience give him a keen understanding of business and corporate marketing, training and management.
Rick does extremely well with marketing, product and training videos for corporations as well as all types of corporate and business videos. He also works as on-camera talent in many corporate videos.
Rick takes direction very well and enjoys learning from every project in which he is involved.
Payment Methods Accepted
• Personal checks, cashier's checks, or money orders in my local currency
• Wire transfers
To contact Rick Sykes by email or phone, please click here.