Narrator, characters, news, DJ, Deep Voice
Narrated "Beneath the Penetrating Gaze" for UNICEF; created the character of TOPSY, and real Noo Yawkuh, for TOPS Appliance City; wrote and executed the script for "JacksWear" in Queens, NY, in the 90s (clothes so sharp, you could cut yourself dressing!"; Grandfather voice for Tylenol Arthritis (Feel better!); soft, straight delivery for "Secure Horizons" healthcare; on-air reporter, explaining how a garbage truck is powered from energy gotten from garbage; and an in-your-face sports-coach for "Sports Authority".
Voice Genders and "Ages" I Can Perform
• Middle Age Male
• Senior Male
Language(s) of Which I Am a Native Speaker:
• English - USA and Canada
I Offer my Services for these Recording Purposes
• IVR, voicemail, phone systems, and on-hold messages
• Training, business presentations, sales, and web sites
• TV shows and movies
• Movie and game trailers
• Others (on-camera, infomercials, live announcers, spokespersons)
Jobs I Am Willing to Take (Union-wise)
• Non-Union Jobs
• Jobs for SAG-AFTRA (US) signatories
My Union Affiliations and Memberships
My Recording and Delivery Capabilities
• I will go to any designated studio in my area
• I can record and then deliver the audio files via Email
• I can record and then upload the audio files via FTP
• I can record and then deliver the files by regular mail
Pre-, Post- and Production Services I Offer
• I offer copywriting services
• I offer translation services
My Home Base
Amawalk, New York, United States
Accents, Impersonations, Characters and Dialects
Rich, deep "movie" voice, narration; aggressive and meek voices; funny, silly characters;
My Voice Experience
I started in 1990 with Topsy on AM radio. I went on to do two films for UNICEF and was beginning to build a nice career. Then I got sidetracked when my 19-month-old son was diagnosed with Autism. Naturally, I dedicated myself to his therapy. He is 15 now and doing extraordinarily well - two years ahead in math, president of his class, and had the lead in "Into the Woods, Jr." in eighth grade. So, back to the business I went.
Last year, I recorded a Tylenol Arthritis spot for a fledgling AD company, and just had a great audition for The Art of Shaving. I got great feedback and the CD promised to keep calling me.
I am dedicated and worth your time.
NYC - Neighborhood Playhouse: Meisner; Master's classes with Irish acting legend Siobhan McKenna, Shelly Winters; scene study with the great Michael Shurtleff, and Michael Egan.
University of Delaware: classical music, and theater (classical and contemporary).
Studied voice and vocal production in college, sang with Chamber Singers, Concert Choir and Mens' Ensemble; can also conduct orchestra and chorus; played classical organ
My Studio Equipment
Separate studio in house. Audacity software.
My acting training and interpersonal skills are a huge asset in my voiceover work. Interpreting a character is second only to vocal production, and I excel at both. You'll never have to ask for more from me, and probably less, which is easier anyway. I can bring a character "down" and keep the intensity. I have also been known to shave 1/2 second off of a 29-second spot.
Payment Methods Accepted
• Personal checks, cashier's checks, or money orders in my local currency
• Personal checks, cashier's checks, or money orders in any currency
• Wire transfers
To contact Rick Dettwyler by email or phone, please click here.
• Currently Rick Dettwyler is a Standard subscriber.
• Rick Dettwyler was last active on Voice123 97 days ago