Character or narration specialist. Dialects.
• Richard James Porter is registered with Voice123 since Mar 31, 2009.
Richard James Porter does not appear to be an active participant of the Voice123 marketplace at this time.
Richard James Porter was last active on Voice123 more than 365 days ago, OR may not be receiving our email messages.
• Richard James Porter started his/her voice over career in 2008.
• Currently Richard James Porter is a Standard subscriber.
• Auditions and proposals submitted through Voice123 during the past six months: 0
Richard James Porter does not appear to be an active participant of the Voice123 marketplace at this time. Richard James Porter was last active on Voice123 more than 365 days ago, OR may not be receiving our email messages.
My voice is warm and resonant and can range from authoritative to friendly. I can add a darker tone when appropriate, as for a mystery narrative, or lighten it for a more conversational read. For character work my voice can be altered completely as the part(s) demand.
Voice Genders and "Ages" I Can Perform
• Middle Age Male
• Senior Female
• Senior Male
Language(s) of Which I Am a Native Speaker:
• English - North American
I Offer my Services for these Recording Purposes
• IVR, voicemail, phone systems, and on-hold messages
• Training, business presentations, sales, and web sites
• TV shows and movies
• Movie and game trailers
• Others (on-camera, infomercials, live announcers, spokespersons)
Jobs I Am Willing to Take (Union-wise)
• Non-Union Jobs
My Union Affiliations and Memberships
My Recording and Delivery Capabilities
• I will go to any designated studio in my area
• I can record and then deliver the audio files via Email
Pre-, Post- and Production Services I Offer
• I offer copywriting services
My Home Base
New York, New York, United States
Accents, Impersonations, Characters and Dialects
British (upscale, Cockney, Old Peer), Scottish, Irish, German, Italian, French, New York (Brooklyn, Jewish). I can pronounce Italian, German and French correctly, but not as a native.
My Voice Experience
While a graduate student taking Acting classes, I recorded some promos for radio. My career was side-tracked as I went into the business world. although i continued to do some work on stage. Recently retired, I have been working with Peter Rofe in New York as I begin to read for casting directors and agents.
BA, MA, Ph.D. -- Penn State University
Undergraduate minor in Speech/Theater
Graduate classes in Acting
Voice training (Tenor)
Group and Private Instruction with Peter Rofe, New York
Group and Private Instruction with Jeffrey Stocker, NY
Workshops with Peter Rofe
My Studio Equipment
Unknown - Click here to ask Richard James Porter
I have experience and training in the fine arts as well as business which will be useful for specialized projects in these areas. I am also a singer (tenor) and enjoy performing. I am professional, reliable, and cooperative.
Payment Methods Accepted
• Personal checks, cashier's checks, or money orders in my local currency
• Wire transfers
To contact Richard James Porter by email or phone, please click here.